Gibson Brands Forums

Monkey Sees A Magic Trick

Rabs

It's a cute video and all that, but...

I can't stand to see an inocent creature in captivity.

An Orang Utan should see trees and nature not magic tricks.

Not long ago people could go to the zoo to watch other people (from tribes) living behind the bars in a artificialy created habitat.

For me this is almost the same.

I still remember when I was 10 years old, my last visit to a zoo.

I looked into the eyes of a silverback and he looked right back at me.

All I saw was infinite sadness.

One of the most beatiful and majestuos creatures of this planet, reduced to an attraction for the whole family.

That was the moment I decided never to go to the zoo again.

Ok, sorry for that the crazy guy shuts up now.

Guest Farnsbarns

Hmm. Is it pedantic to point out that that isn't a monkey? Unless we're talking about the idiot who decided that was worthy of uploading to YT.

Hmm. Is it pedantic to point out that that isn't a monkey? Unless we're talking about the idiot who decided that was worthy of uploading to YT.

Nope Farns not at all, and thank's for pointing that out, I used that same term because of the topic title.

And for those who do not know the meaning of the words Orang Utan it's people of the forest.

Now that may be pedantic.

But personally I think it's a relevant add to my other post (wich I gonna edit right now).

While I agree with it is a sad thing to see some animals in a zoo cooped up, I also see a good part too. Many are rescued from poachers who would otherwise kill them. Some are rescued from traps they are caught in. A zoo life guarantees them a long natural life before death where in the wild, death may come very much sooner. With the growing and spreading of human life, thousands of acres are being taken from habitat. Omaha's Henry Dorley Zoo is one of the finest Zoo's in the world. It is going through much construction throughout to spread animals natural habitat. It's also very educational as many teachers bring students to the zoo for learning. The animals are all fed through rich people's donations and have the best care for them. Some species are so dangerously extinct because of mankind, such zoos offer us a close look of them and to enjoy and photograph them. San Diego Zoo was very spread out too when we visited it and we loved it but we thought Henry Dorly was much better. I remember when I first went there as a child, it was a pathetic zoo and small with just small cages. What a change today.

While I agree with it is a sad thing to see some animals in a zoo cooped up, I also see a good part too. Many are rescued from poachers who would otherwise kill them. Some are rescued from traps they are caught in. A zoo life guarantees them a long natural life before death where in the wild, death may come very much sooner. With the growing and spreading of human life, thousands of acres are being taken from habitat. Omaha's Henry Dorley Zoo is one of the finest Zoo's in the world. It is going through much construction throughout to spread animals natural habitat. It's also very educational as many teachers bring students to the zoo for learning. The animals are all fed through rich people's donations and have the best care for them. Some species are so dangerously extinct because of mankind, such zoos offer us a close look of them and to enjoy and photograph them. San Diego Zoo was very spread out too when we visited it and we loved it but we thought Henry Dorly was much better. I remember when I first went there as a child, it was a pathetic zoo and small with just small cages. What a change today.

Absolutely. This well known one was on TV for the longest time. Often following the team to rescue apes who had become unable to 'return' to the wild. Only rescued animals are kept here

Monkey World

Archived