Gibson Brands Forums

2016 Firebird T knobs?

T Bone

Okay, don't "need" any more guitars, yet I guess I do. :rolleyes: I've ordered a new Firebird T from Zzounds, hoping it comes in soon!

Bit of background, I grew up playing a sunburst non reverse 1967 Firebird III with 3 P90s. Loved it but always wanted a reverse Firebird (wish I'd kept that one though!).

Anyway, from what I've seen, the new 'Birds are coming with black top hat knobs. My old 'burst looked so good with the amber/gold top hats, and I've seen many originals with similar knobs and to me the black ones just don't look right. So I will change them (retaining the originals of course). Questions are, go with gold or amber, and with or without the tone/volume labels?

Pics I've seen show either cream or black switch tips. Again, to me the black does not look right. If it comes with black, I'll switch it to cream. REALLY looking forward to this guitar, Gibson please make another run and get 'em shipped! [thumbup]

Bit of background, I grew up playing a sunburst non reverse 1967 Firebird III with 3 P90s. Loved it but always wanted a reverse Firebird (wish I'd kept that one though!).

Me too, a 66 non reverse III. Me too wish I'd kept it.

They are making a limited edition non reverse with two mini hums in it I believe, around 2000 bux:

Non Reverse FiberBird

If I had the rest of the guitars I want I'd buy one! I don't know about the new ones, I haven't tried one yet, the folks here that have one love them so they can't be too bad.

rct

• 4 weeks later...

Me too, a 66 non reverse III. Me too wish I'd kept it.

They are making a limited edition non reverse with two mini hums in it I believe, around 2000 bux:

Non Reverse FiberBird

If I had the rest of the guitars I want I'd buy one! I don't know about the new ones, I haven't tried one yet, the folks here that have one love them so they can't be too bad.

rct

They did a "Special" a few years back with 3 P90s. Other than the wrong pickup selector switch, in front they looked exactly like my 67. Should have bought one, and I still may if I find it at the right price and time.

My 2016T Arrived on New Years Eve, it is freaking awesome! Got the amber knobs in the mail today. Not sure about them, they are a bit dark. Might order the gold, might keep these too. Deciding shortly on opening the package or not. I know I need pics, will take some and do a NGD thread tomorrow.

Got the amber knobs in the mail today. Not sure about them, they are a bit dark. Might order the gold, might keep these too. Deciding shortly on opening the package or not. I know I need pics, will take some and do a NGD thread tomorrow.

I love first world problems!

rct

Archived