Gibson Brands Forums

Juliet J50

MorrisrownSal

Guys I wont bore you with the whole J50 reunion stuff anymore. I did say that I would write a song about it, and here it is (there is a bad hum in the recording, so I will have to somehow fix it later)

Juliet 50:

https://soundcloud.c...atham/juliet-50

They say. We all get what we need.

We just dont always know it.

Look through it and we blow it.

Discard it like a weed.

You left; I know it was my doing.

You really did no wrong.

You went where you’d belong.

And left me with my stewing.

I seen the error of my way, and while some others I did play, I’d still regret.

In your curves I’d feel alright, and in your voice I did delight, my Juliet…

Come back to me?

Would you know it, someone had heard my prayer.

Allowed another chance to

Woo you back and undo.

One home again we share.

Now I promise to earn your loving feel

I’ll never take for granted

Our love is now enchanted.

Our story back full wheel.

I seen the error of my way, and while some others I did play, I did regret.

In your curves I feel alright, in your voice again delight, my Juliet…

You’re back with me…

You’re back with me.

Nice light fare. Loved the "doo-doo-doo-doo" part. What, no minor chords? Not depressing enough!

An untouched niche that guitar players can relate to. Hope there's more to come; The Many Sides of GAS.

When you form the Fabulous G.A.S. Band, I would like to volunteer my services to play bass. Or roadie.

Thanks gents... heading out to a holiday party soon. I am in a good mood. I'm glad I pulled the trigger; no minor keys because I am pretty content about now. And by the way, another forum member has The Many Sides Of all wrapped up - and it's marvelous, if you haven't heard it.

Gibby - I'd love to hear your writings. I have been fearful of putting mine up for display, because frankly covers are easier and originals are very personal. I have about eighteen now, but I have not played one single one at a gig - that's laying yourself bare! If someone boos Margaritaville I am all cool. If someone boos one of my songs I'll curl up and cry and OMG and ICantEven like a teenage girl :)

Thanks gents... heading out to a holiday party soon. I am in a good mood. I'm glad I pulled the trigger; no minor keys because I am pretty content about now. And by the way, another forum member has The Many Sides Of all wrapped up - and it's marvelous, if you haven't heard it.

Gibby - I'd love to hear your writings. I have been fearful of putting mine up for display, because frankly covers are easier and originals are very personal. I have about eighteen now, but I have not played one single one at a gig - that's laying yourself bare! If someone boos Margaritaville I am all cool. If someone boos one of my songs I'll curl up and cry and OMG and ICantEven like a teenage girl :)

Theyre not going to boo this song Sal if you deliver it like its on the record. They will tap their feet, dance along and a 21 year old might even give you the eye ... [cool]

Sal, I think you will regret it if you don't play a few of your original songs at your gigs. A song is supposed to be shared with others.

In the past, when new acquaintances learned that I play and recently have written a couple of tunes and asked to hear them, I always said "Nah, the songs are not quite finished yet...". I've come to realize that is not the way it should be. Songs need some kind of audience. It is the natural state of songs and music. So, when asked now, I share a link to my Soundcloud page. The next step would be to actually pick up the guitar and play a song for those asking to hear. That scares me to death, mostly because of my weak singing, but one day...

But you already have the complete package. You're skilled on the guitar. Your voice is great, and your tune is catchy. Don't hold back. Life is too short.

Sharing original songs is scary because it is so very, very private, like letting someone into your emotional life. It is easier to do behind the anonymity of the internet, but in real life it becomes tougher. I tell myself that no matter what others might think, I did my best with something that matters to me very much.

Lars

P.S. please share more originals with the forum.

Well, that's fun, right there.

Make yourself perform originals- you'll get used to it, in the sense that you'll soon enough feel no diff between doing a cover and doing one of your own. Once you let 'em run with the big dogs, two things will happen: you'll get better at taking the 'self' out of the way of performing them and you'll feel freer as you write more tunes.

It's the opposite of a vicious circle: go for it. You got all the tools!!

Very encouraging, Sal,

As a newbie here, your song/thread begged me to join and share.

As noted in my introductory post, my 2016 resolution is to play "Juliet 50" all the way through.

Perhaps it's a bit enthusiastic.

Anyway, it's a great song and you should perform it without reservation.

Always thought the best songs are parabolic in meaning, and this one has all of that.

Archived