Gibson Brands Forums

NGD SG Pewter

Dinosauria

I picked this up locally for a great price. I recently got an SG X and loved the ebony board and neck shape. I was planning on routing it for a neck P90 but Now That I have this there's no need to mess with the X.

This is the Pewter model that's essentially the same as the Platinum but this has dot inlays and a black headstock, both of which I prefer. I have a set of Black plastics on the way so I'm gonna try them on it as it's a touch too silver for me right now. Tho the Black may look dumb with the silver pickups.

It's one of the SGs with the more angled neck. You can see by the height of the bridge in the first photo. It means I'll have to top wrap the strings to get clearance at the back of the bridge as I don't want to raise the stoptail as high as i'd have to in order to clear the rear of the bridge.

SG%201_zpsxwcpd784.jpg

SG%202_zpsl5mvgzqn.jpg

SG%203_zpsfhmqahrk.jpg

I picked this up locally for a great price. I recently got an SG X and loved the ebony board and neck shape. I was planning on routing it for a neck P90 but Now That I have this there's no need to mess with the X.

This is the Pewter model that's essentially the same as the Platinum but this has dot inlays and a black headstock, both of which I prefer. I have a set of Black plastics on the way so I'm gonna try them on it as it's a touch too silver for me right now. Tho the Black may look dumb with the silver pickups.

It's one of the SGs with the more angled neck. You can see by the height of the bridge in the first photo. It means I'll have to top wrap the strings to get clearance at the back of the bridge as I don't want to raise the stoptail as high as i'd have to in order to clear the rear of the bridge.

SG%201_zpsxwcpd784.jpg

SG%202_zpsl5mvgzqn.jpg

SG%203_zpsfhmqahrk.jpg

[thumbup]

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah they're great guitars. I updated this with a black guard and knobs. I also have black speed knobs that I'm considering changing to... I ordered a black tip for the toggle too but they sent the wrong size so I need to reorder one. I can't decide whether I like the silver pickups with this guard or not. I'm considering some chrome covers for them.

SG%20Pewter_zpsxshkawfz.jpg

Archived