Gibson Brands Forums

The Ultimate Les Paul?

Pin

Apologies if this has already been posted.

However, up for sale on Ebay is a custom shop ultra special Les Paul:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221961726662?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I think it is a beautiful instrument but I'd be reluctant to even move it never mind take it out anywhere (not that I do that anymore). Even if I had the money I doubt that I would want to buy it.

I have never seen a wine red 25 / 50 although they did make a few of them as well as a few black.

Mine is the standard desertburst but does have some nice flame on it.

I'm partial to the one on the right as well.

The 25th Anniversary Les Paul was pretty much IT for me. I was an idiot for selling mine but oh well, what's done is done.

I never saw a black one but I have seen the Wine Red which didn't do it for me.

Very pretty, in a flashy, gaudy fashion.

Not exactly my thing, though.

No knocking it, but it's just too much of a painted lady.

I prefer subtlety over glamour.

120041.jpg

+1

Too much bling hides the true beauty...

I would own that guitar. Not for that price but if I could get it for 5-6k I would own it. I love the excessive inlay. [thumbup]

Uh-Oh [drool]

https://reverb.com/item/1400605-gibson-les-paul-ultima-2012-tobacco-burst?_aid=pla&currency=USD&pla=1&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7rmzBRDezri2r6bz1qYBEiQAg-YEtmo03nTkj32iRX3c6WoCukPjAzFUGWQqBVLa9JnQdR8aAqCo8P8HAQ

I know I'm not talking about Gibson, but for many years I have been checking out a custom made Carvin guitar. They make top notch custom order guitars with quilt, gold hardware, abalone inlays, anything you want and they look absolutely drop dead gorgeous for less then half that price. $3 to $4 grand you can get all the bells and whistles. Joe Walsh swears by them and calls Carvin the best made in America. Hope that doesn't get me kicked off here lol, I don't own any! Still love Gibson!msp_scared.gif

I would own that guitar. Not for that price but if I could get it for 5-6k I would own it. I love the excessive inlay. [thumbup]

Uh-Oh [drool]

https://reverb.com/item/1400605-gibson-les-paul-ultima-2012-tobacco-burst?_aid=pla&currency=USD&pla=1&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7rmzBRDezri2r6bz1qYBEiQAg-YEtmo03nTkj32iRX3c6WoCukPjAzFUGWQqBVLa9JnQdR8aAqCo8P8HAQ

OK Rev. It's 6k. Put your money where your mouth is. [flapper]

I would certainly take either one ( goes for the girls too [biggrin] )

I too prefer the look of the wine red. Not too sure I'd like those pickups though.

No, the pick ups on the 25 / 50 are its biggest flaw IMO (besides the ridiculous weight). I have been threatening to change mine ever since I got the guitar and I will do it one day. The pick ups are the original "series 7" dirty fingers jobbies and work well if you like metal but lack finesse to my mind.

I have considered changing to four conductor (keeping the coil spilt switch) Bare Knuckle "Mules" but I'm continuing to think about it.

OK Rev. It's 6k. Put your money where your mouth is. [flapper]

I would certainly take either one ( goes for the girls too [biggrin] )

I would love to but that new Firebird is still getting a workout & besides - my lady is expecting Christmas presents again... jeez every year now.. [sad]

:) lol

Archived