Gibson Brands Forums

Now I REALLY feel old

SteveFord

Right there with you Digger. As I told a mid 30 something fellow at the gym a few years ago (who was complaining about getting old, mind you), that one day you'll wake up and think to your self "Wow, nothing hurts...something must be wrong". Or as a Doctor friend of mine said one day "Oh to be fifty, everything works and nothing hurts!"

Then again, I'm vertical and breathing so 'nuff said.

I just saw a thing on Yahoo: it was 41 years ago today that Mick Taylor quit the Stones.

I am a dinosaur.

But then, you gotta consider, the Stones are still around, and Keef is still a chain smoker.

So really, we must be pretty young.

1450060058[/url]' post='1720801']

Fear not! I've got 13 years on you and can assure that the worst is yet to come~

That's what I'm afraid of.msp_crying.gif My wife's step dad is 84 and my mom is 86 and the wife's mom is 85 and they all have been telling me the same thing. Today I stubbed my little toe and at first it was just numb with pain. Now it's just a throbbing pain that won't go away!! Darn, Darn, Darn...can't walk on it.msp_scared.gif

Talk about feeling old, I was at a friends birthday party this summer, one of the first persons I met when I moved to Spain. This guy Sean was in my Spanish class, younger than me, very personable guy, a little crazy and always had a way with the girls. Well, long story short, many years go by, like 20 or so and we had been in and out of contact. I bumped into Sean one day and he says, hey Dave why don't you come to me place I'm having a little birthday celebration and there will be lots of people you know. I went and there were lots of people I knew and a whole other group of night lifers from the social scene here in Valencia. I met this really cute Asian girl and we were hitting it of really well [thumbup] Then she says to me so how long you been living in Valencia. I said a long time, I moved here in 1993… She jumps up and says OH MY GOD, thats the year I was born… [blink][blush]](*,)

...this really cute Asian girl and we were hitting it of really well [thumbup] Then she says to me so how long you been living in Valencia. I said a long time, I moved here in 1993… She jumps up and says OH MY GOD, thats the year I was born… [blink]

Shoulda calmly hit yer beer, dragged on the Marlbl and said "I know that."

rct

Heck, we had one (and only one) fairly attractive girl on our floor at work and she saw a picture of my wife.

The little airhead goes, "Oh, I saw the picture of your daughter" and yes, she was dead serious.

[laugh]

You're lucky your ages were confused that way around.

My wife has/(had?) a snap of me in her office and a colleague asked her why she had a picture of Richard Branson on her desk?....

:-k........................hmmmm..........same way around now that I think about it...............

Pip.

Archived