Gibson Brands Forums

Didnt know FirstAct can make a nice guitar.

dem00n

My parents bought my daughter a First Act acoustic guitar for little kids. I tuned it to Open-G the other day and my daughter is starting to play it. I played it tonight and couldn't put it down, it was such a fun little guitar. Perfect for a little kid to use and she loves it. The amazing thing is that since I've tuned it only one string was slightly out of tune tonight.

Snapshot2009-01-2820-06-41.jpg

I think the brand name is an obstacle. When I told my 16 year old son that First Act was making a high end guitar he laughed and said "who would buy an expensive guitar with a name like First Act?" Good point, and that was my initial reaction too. They've got an uphill battle in marketing. Of course, I wish them to succeed.

I recently bought a First Act bass, it is a 30" scale so it is comfortable to play for a guitar player.

For $50 I could not pass it up. I did not have a bass before and I figure it could come in handy for recording or just jamming with friends.

The bass is OK, cheap mini pots, the body seems MDF and the neck is the worse maple I have seen on a guitar.

On the other hand the overall finish is good, the fingerdoard is very nice rosewood and the pickup sounds OK.

The day I do not want it anymore I will give it to a kid. It is a nice starter bass for sure.

I do not see the point of buying one of their expensive instruments I do not care who endorses them.

Archived