Gibson Brands Forums

joke of the year

hoross

A friend of mine bought recently a Gibson LP Traditional T 2016 model i think light burst or something.

He played before me and asked me to try my Gibby traditional 2015 the one that everyone hates,after 10 minutes he asked me if i dont wanna trade the guitar

with him and get the 2016 cause he felt more comfortable with the 2015.

I really started to laugh cause everyone hates and hated so much the 2015 and suddenly my friend is interesting to get mine,which i wont trade and others start to show more interest in the 2015 cause they are getting cheaper.

Talking about hyppocrits lmao :)

Guest Farnsbarns

I'm not sure I agree with your thinking Horros. I personally have no strong opinions about the 2015 features but I believe the increased interest is due to the 50%+ discounts, not a concensus of growing appreciation.

Why does you friend not return his 16 and get a 15 for less, new, and with a warranty?

Guest Farnsbarns

What is it about the 2015 LPs that people don't like? They seem to rather infamous!

These are the things putting many off. ..

Cross between a zero fret and a nut (height adjustable seems to be a good idea though) which many think has none of the advantages of a zero fret. Wider neck but the same string spacing meaning there's a gap either side of the strings. Robotic tuners, childlike Les Paul 100 silkscreen on headstock. Hologram sticker on the back which can't be removed because it's under the lacquer, no fret nibs.

Ahh man... Give it up.. You are like the anti-Donny or something...

We are happy that you are happy with your 2015... Stop trying to convince us all that its the best guitar ever and we all made some big mistake or something..... Most of us don't like them that opinion wont change (yes I did try them) and it should make no difference to you what we think... Just enjoy your guitar :)

hhahhahahh im not Mr Da Cola and by the way my friend cant get the 2015 cause they are sold out over here and yeah to me 2015 were and are the best i play Gibson guitars already 26 years and that are my honest thoughts.

Of course i aint trying to convince anyone,but i honestly think the prices of the 2016 are crazy a Gibson les paul tribute or studio are almost the price of a traditional or classic this is really nuts :(

hhahhahahh im not Mr Da Cola and by the way my friend cant get the 2015 cause they are sold out over here and yeah to me 2015 were and are the best i play Gibson guitars already 26 years and that are my honest thoughts.

Of course i aint trying to convince anyone,but i honestly think the prices of the 2016 are crazy a Gibson les paul tribute or studio are almost the price of a traditional or classic this is really nuts :(

It's all due to the 59 Tribute pups that are in the 2014 and 2015 Trads, they sound way better than the 57/57+ pups.

Guest Farnsbarns

Of course i aint trying to convince anyone.

Oh good. Well, the entire forum knows you like them so if you're just telling us that and not trying to convince anyone you've done that now.

Cheers.

It's all due to the 59 Tribute pups that are in the 2014 and 2015 Trads, they sound way better than the 57/57+ pups.

Yes, I have to agree with you on that, maybe not better just different. They are the reason I went and searched out a 2014 Trad, I'm convinced the 59's sound how I would expect a 50's PAF pickup would sound. Still curious as to why they dropped them.

Ian

"Ahh man... Give it up.. You are like the anti-Donny or something...

We are happy that you are happy with your 2015... Stop trying to convince us all that its the best guitar ever and we all made some big mistake or something..... Most of us don't like them that opinion wont change (yes I did try them) and it should make no difference to you what we think... Just enjoy your guitar :)"

+1

I'm no hipocrit...I still hate them....

people hated so much the 2015 line up that one day those guitars will be worth more money then u can imagine lol

Oh, for goodness' sakes...

Leaving aside the fact that I can imagine an awfully large amount of money what on Earth makes you think that at some time in the future guitarists are going to be seeking out the 2015 range?

Apart from the wider neck there is absolutely nothing special about the 2015 models and I can't imagine that all of a sudden a large number of players are going to crave a wider neck.

Sure; it suits some folks better. There are a few forumites who have expressed a distinct preference for the wider neck and I'm really happy for them. There are others who don't mind one way or the other and get used to the extra width but the vast majority of forumites who have tried the '15 necks have found them to be less comfortable than the regular neck width.

Gibson have tried a different neck width before (in the mid-60's) yet AFAIK no-one seeks out those models because of the different neck width. Nor are they worth a shed-load of money.

What else, in your opinion, makes the '15 range likely to become sought-after?

The Les Paul Scribble? I doubt it.

The Les Paul hologram? I doubt it.

The lack of nibs? I doubt it.

The different case? I doubt it.

The G-Force tuners? I doubt it but even if folks do want the G-Force it's available aftermarket in any case.

The adjustable nut? Same answer as above.

Can you think of any reason to back up your claim?

We know you like your '15. You've told us often enough.

I'm equally sure there are many others out their who like their own '15s as well (and the best of luck to them) but to suggest that one day these guitars will become worth serious money is sheer nonsense.

Pip.

Hello!

A couple of days ago, I saw the 2015 models for the first time in a local shop.

What immediately struck me, is the quality of the finish. They are beautiful. Even the LPM, - that looks so dull on Gibson's site - looked brilliant! The wider neck is to my liking, it's the same width as on my 2011 L6S, which has the best neck to me. Still, with the curtain rail for nut, and the G-force, I won't buy one. I know, these can be removed, but here they still priced above the sky.

Cheers... Bence

We are happy that you are happy with your 2015... Stop trying to convince us all that its the best guitar ever and we all made some big mistake or something..... Most of us don't like them that opinion wont change (yes I did try them) and it should make no difference to you what we think... Just enjoy your guitar :)

But the 2015 is the best Les Paul ever. Or, at least mine is.

O:)

Hello!

A couple of days ago, I saw the 2015 models for the first time in a local shop.

What immediately struck me, is the quality of the finish. They are beautiful. Even the LPM, - that looks so dull on Gibson's site - looked brilliant! The wider neck is to my liking, it's the same width as on my 2011 L6S, which has the best neck to me. Still, with the curtain rail for nut, and the G-force, I won't buy one. I know, these can be removed, but here they still priced above the sky.

Cheers... Bence

The finished on the 2015s are better than on the 2014 or the 2016. The gold molded cases are better than the plywood junk they have used for so many years. The GForce system is better then the MinETune system. The lower frets and wider neck are much more to my liking.

All that said I don't expect the 2015 Gibson USA line to sought after or worth too much as time rolls on. Those who really love the oddball Gibsons like the SGX and the Zoot Suit Les Paul like I do will keep an eye out for them.

Still thinking of a 2015 Les Paul Less Plus... [thumbup]

Yeah I also agree..

The finishes I saw on the 2015s were spectacular, even the lower end models.... Havent seen any 2016s yet so cant comment much on that.

The G-Force however on the 2015s has apparently already been superseded with the 2016s G-Force, like quicker tunings and stuff... Which is of course the issue with technology, theres always going to be a better one coming out... So that's certainly not something that the 2015s have over any other model.

If you like those necks though... Its a dream year for you guys.

I won't buy one. I know, these can be removed, but here they still priced above the sky.

Cheers... Bence

Really.. Im not sure about where you are but over here ive never seen new Gibsons as cheap as the 2015s have become... On that Black Friday on amazon they had a LP Jr for £248 and that's a full gloss finish with a case.. The case alone is almost worth that... I think at the same time Standards were going for like half price so like under £1000.... crazy..

If it wernt for those necks, at that price id have bought one... and changed the nut and tuners which you can sell for about £150 which makes it even cheaper.

Even now you could get say one of those Double Cuts for £490 which is crazy cheap

http://www.dv247.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-special-double-cutaway-2015-6-string-electric-guitar-vintage-sunburst--212009

hey relax everyone has his favorite guitars and years i mean yes my favorite is 2015 but i do like also my 2008 Gibson les paul standard and my 2001 les paul classic antique which are still kicking and rocking the house :)

Hoross, I thought they only made the Classic Antique in 2008? That's strange, maybe Pippy will know the answer.

Ian

Archived