Gibson Brands Forums

my first Paul

nauc

some pics, then a couple questions...

mjso7q.jpg

5wmt5g.jpg

359xwzd.jpg

2djp0nm.jpg

if i bend up a full step at the 13th fret on the B string, the note wont ring pure, its like a piece of metal is ever so lightly touching it. ive never had problems with other guitars so i dont really know much about setups/what could be wrong. also, is this book pretty good, i just got it but havent read it... http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-Paul-Handbook-Maintain-Troubleshoot/dp/0760334706/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233212031&sr=1-1

thanks

1st off gratz on the studio

it may just be an odd spot on the fret

this doesn't happen anywhere else?

ill have to do a detailed check, havent done bends on all the frets yet. just noticed it when i was screwing around

thanks, me likes me first Paul! =P~

Nice guitar. One of my favourite colours. Before I´d try anything else, I would change the strings. It could be them as well. If that doesn´t help and if it is a new guitar take it back to the shop.

Greetings

Kurt

Welcome to the forum nauc. As I told another new member recently, you picked a very cool way to join up! NoddingSmiley.gif I can think of nothing better than for you to walk in and say "hello" and "here are picks of my new LP." That is one good lookin' VM! Makes me wanna thq19340120.gif.

It sounds like a setup is in order. If you just bought it new, maybe the shop will do it for you.

Welcome to the forum nauc. As I told another new member recently' date=' you picked a very cool way to join up! [img']http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r26/boyd3495/NoddingSmiley.gif[/img] I can think of nothing better than for you to walk in and say "hello" and "here are picks of my new LP." That is one good lookin' VM! Makes me wanna thq19340120.gif.

It sounds like a setup is in order. If you just bought it new, maybe the shop will do it for you.

VM!?!?!?!

that be NO! VM!!! [-X

that be a regular Wine Red Studio, see the shine on the right...

2ekuof5.jpg

:D/

Archived