Gibson Brands Forums

Michael Kelly Guitars

LPguitarman

According to Wiki: Michael Kelly Guitars is an American...company, who imports quality instruments manufactured to their specifications (mainly from Asia).

The electrics I checked out a few years ago were said to have been manufactured by Samick of Korea, so the acoustics might be made there too. The point is that it appears their guitars are outsourced and not made by Michael Kelly themselves.

They were at the same price point as Epiphones and at least on the surface seemed to be pretty well made for the price and good looking.

According to Wiki: Michael Kelly Guitars is an American...company, who imports quality instruments manufactured to their specifications (mainly from Asia).

The electrics I checked out a few years ago were said to have been manufactured by Samick of Korea, so the acoustics might be made there too. The point is that it appears their guitars are outsourced and not made by Michael Kelly themselves.

They were at the same price point as Epiphones and at least on the surface seemed to be pretty well made for the price and good looking.

....But if paying more for the same guitar makes you feel better buy a Zager, Denny has his built (rumor has it) by the same Asian builder, I've had some personal experience with Zager and their guitars, although they play easy enough the deception of being made in America turned me completely against that brand. The Amount they charge for them didn't help. Other than that they are a friendly company to do business with, but then again when you get 400% profit it don't hurt to be kind to your marks.

Archived