Gibson Brands Forums

Holiday Spirits

rct

Brother you better wear knee pads cause your going to hit the floor , Down here in Alabama we make our own. It will curl your toe nails , peach & blueberry when you feel it coming on you better sit down..

Merry Christmas from 4H

I hope thats not because your eyesight fails! [flapper] ;)

For wine I'll go with something spanish, I like red, probably something from the Rioja region.

Champagne is fine, but I prefere beer bottled like champagne.

These come from Belgium, Delirium Tremens and Leffe.

Maybe a few of the normal bottles too, Hoegaarden Grand Cru and La Trappe.

For pint's I like german wheat beer, Erdinger, Schneider and Weihenstephaner.

And for carajillos, (coffee with liquor) Baileys and Disaronno Amaretto.

Maybe I'll buy a bottle of JD too, but I can't decide wich one I should pick, Gentleman or Single Barrel?

I always liked old no. 7, but never tried the other two.

For folks who prefer Veuve to Moet it's very worthwhile seeking out a bottle of VCP's 'La Grande Dame'.

Not wanting to rub salt into your already chapp'd posterior, you understand, but it's even better than that, rct.

The Eurostar is a train for foot passengers (and very nice it is, too) but the Eurotunnel is a train for cars. The UK terminus is about 40 mins away from here and once the check-in and so-on is over the journey-time under the Channel is about another 45 mins. You simply drive into the carriage and sit there until you get to the other end.

We had a very nice lunch at the seaside and, prior to going home, filled the car with goodies which are comparatively expensive in the UK such as Confit de Canard, Foie Gras and six dozen assorted fermented grape-juice. St. Juliens; St. Estephes; Meursault and such-like.

I'm a big fan of the Eurotunnel.

Pip.

I used to hate you, now I fukking hate you. If I come over there we better go do that, and if we do we'll definitely need a train home.

rct

For folks who prefer Veuve to Moet it's very worthwhile seeking out a bottle of VCP's 'La Grande Dame'.

Another thumb up for the Grande Dame, we've downed quite a few of those over the years.

In October of this year our Dear Prudence, the most beautiful Maine Coon ever, passed suddenly at only 10 years old. A couple weeks later we sobbed our way through the only thing fitting The Dowager Princess that she was, our last Grande Dame. We have loved several cats in this life, but none like her. I ache just writing this.

As for Moet, I actually prefer their ordinary over their Perignon.

rct

My son will be over on Boxing Day.

I bought some tequila for a special purpose. Some ago I mixed pink grapefruit juice and some soda water with tequila. It tasted fabulous! I joked that I had invented a cocktail. My son Ben tried it, liked it, and named it for me.

It's now called Beginner's Luck.

PS. Blown Out do a Ska version of 'Tequila'

... Some ago I mixed pink grapefruit juice and some soda water with tequila. It tasted fabulous! I joked that I had invented a cocktail. My son Ben tried it, liked it, and named it for me.

It's now called Beginner's Luck.

Sounds delicious. I will have to try that. Thanks for the recipe. [thumbup]

I'm jealous. No drinking for me since diabetes but my goto favorite was Stolichnaya vodka and orange juice. The orange juice kinda made it a healthy drink. At least that's what I told my myself. ;-) I never had the fancy drinks you guys are talking about.

I have type 2 diabetes and can have 2 drinks a day.

So the holidays have begun. A split at home and then two with dinner out last night, and a split before dinner this evening after baking cookies all day. I love champagne, not sure if I've ever mentioned that before.

rct

Talking about vodka i remembered that I still have one of these in my freezer.

364_large--crystal-head-vodka_zps2mgthhjs.jpg

And yes, for me always with fresh made orange juice, nothing like a good ol' screwdriver!

Funny thing when I was looking for a pic I landed on wikipedia, didn't know Dan Aykroyd was involved in this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Head_Vodka

And I may have to add a couple of those too......

diabolici_zpsqondvrvv.jpg

Really tasty beer.

Archived