Gibson Brands Forums

Lace Sensor Gold pickups arrived over the weekend and got them intalled today

Guitar God

As the title says, my Lace Sensor Gold pickups arrived over the weekend and I got them installed today in my gold 2004 50th Anniversary Fender Stratocaster. They sound really great! I'm really liking them! Been wanting a set of Lace Sensor Gold's for a very long time. Going to do some more playing with it later. Have a set of Lace Holy Grail pickups in my white American 2004 50th Anniversary Fender Stratocaster and going do do some more playing on it and get a good comparison between the two sets of pickups. Anyway, here's some pictures:

EyyfgnH.jpg

imYZmnH.jpg

I have been wondering about them, you will have to post some evidence !

They sound really good. They're really warm sounding to me. I have a set of Lace Holy Grails in my white U.S.A. 2004 50th Anniversary Fender Stratocaster and I compared them to the Lace Sensor Golds in my gold Mexican 2004 50th Anniversary Stratocaster and those are brighter. Overall, I'm really happy with the Lace Sensor Gold pickups. You should try a set. I think you'll like them.

I haven't got into the Lace senser stuff, although by memory, in the limited times I did try guitars with them, I got the feeling they sounded better than the "noiseless" they replaced them with.

Is it possible to give a comparison between traditional pups for us, say, Custom '54's or 57/62 reissue pups? Ya know, not something cheap like the Mexican ones, but a standard we might be familiar with.

I've never tried Sensors, but have Lace pups in 3 of my Gibson basses, and absolutely love them! Guitar pups in a bass, Hmmm...msp_confused.gif

Lace Alumitones in my 3 pup '01 LP

2001LesPaulStdBAL-3005_zpsd75fa962.jpg

An old Lace Hemi replaced the thin-sounding Mini HB in my '05 SG, and it's great all by itself!

IMG_0181.jpg

I also have an Alumitone in my '06 LP Double Cut at the neck, but no recent pics to prove it...

A few years ago, I put a pair of Alumitones in my buddy's Epiphone LP - he quit bringing his Gibson LP to gigs.msp_scared.gif

Back in the early 90's I set up three Strats with the "Fender" gold Lace Sensors and really liked them. The improvement over the "regular" Fender pickups of the time was immense. I also fitted these guitars with the "Clapton" electronics package (active mid-boost & TBX tone control, etc), and they became known as Larry's Nuclear Powered Strats.

Two guitar player friends of mine liked them so much that they said "if you ever want to sell one of those Strats...". Eventually I did sell each of them one.

Since then, the one I kept and one of the ones I sold have been re-fitted with Fender "Noiseless" pickups, and those two sets of Lace Sensors went into two other Strats for the other guy I sold one of mine to.

Did all that make any sense?

Back in the early 90's I set up three Strats with the "Fender" gold Lace Sensors and really liked them. The improvement over the "regular" Fender pickups of the time was immense. I also fitted these guitars with the "Clapton" electronics package (active mid-boost & TBX tone control, etc), and they became known as Larry's Nuclear Powered Strats.

Two guitar player friends of mine liked them so much that they said "if you ever want to sell one of those Strats...". Eventually I did sell each of them one.

Since then, the one I kept and one of the ones I sold have been re-fitted with Fender "Noiseless" pickups, and those two sets of Lace Sensors went into two other Strats for the other guy I sold one of mine to.

Did all that make any sense?

Basically, what I got:

1) You preferred them to "stock" Fender pups at the time.

2) they were good enough that the guitars they were in impressed your friends enough to want the guitars.

3) The "Noiseless" pups are good enough to justify replacement making a happy dude.

4) The Gold Lace Sensers impressed the one guy enough to put them in other guitars.

Makes sense to me.

Archived