Gibson Brands Forums

Johnny A

Karloff

Saw Johnny A last night for the first time at a local club. He is amazing. I was dumbfounded. beautiful playing, tone, arrangements ... If you've never seen him, you need to.

Johnny is from my home town Medford, Massachusetts and is married to one of my best friend's sister, Jackie, who was lead guitar player in my band in high school… Johnny does not have a reputation as a nice guy but he plays well and has a killer guitar!

Hello!

Johnny A. is an outstanding musician. When You feel like all the greats are gone, here is a young new talent bringing new hope for the genre, and music in general. He is destined to become a legend in the future. Respect and support Him, as time goes by so quick...

Bence

Did you guys hear that Johnny A is going to be taking lead guitar duty in a reformation of the Yardbirds?

I googled this and yup, true....the only 'Yardbird' in it is the drummer though......

http://www.gazettenet.com/artsentertainment/19293943-95/yardbirds-redux-drummer-from-seminal-english-band-leads-new-lineup-at-iron-horse-gig

Johnny is from my home town Medford, Massachusetts and is married to one of my best friend's sister, Jackie, who was lead guitar player in my band in high school… Johnny does not have a reputation as a nice guy but he plays well and has a killer guitar!

Johnny's wife Jackie was the lead guitarist in your high school band? No wonder he liked her.

For what ever reason the last guitar teacher I had wanted me to learn Oh Yeah.

I made it about a third of the way through it and couldn't play it anywhere near as smooth

as Johnny,, or my teacher for that matter.

But for as much as I messed that tune up I gotta say it was really fun to play.

I know what FZF is sayin about the jazzy stuff. I'm kinda the same way. Unless it's Zappa jazz.

But I find jazz way more fun to try and play than to try and listen too.

Not that I can play it great but I do like all the wacky chords.

Oh ya,, and if I ever had the chance to see Johnny play live,, I would go in

a heartbeat.

Saw Johnny A last night for the first time at a local club. He is amazing. I was dumbfounded. beautiful playing, tone, arrangements ... If you've never seen him, you need to.

Did he play Witchita Lineman? He does a great instrumental version of that song.

Did he play Witchita Lineman? He does a great instrumental version of that song.

No. That would have been great. I love that song. He played "to love somebody " the old bee gees tune n some Beatles. Was really impressed with his style n tone. Looking forward to seeing him again

I've seen him a few times, as Dave said he's a local guy for the Massachusetts crowd.

Out of his 3 albums, I really like the first 1 the best.

second one was ok,, third one doesn't do much for me actually.

He is a fantastic player, he's not a very outgoing person, so he's not the kind of guy to blown sunshine up yer arse.

If try to cover some of his songs, you'll soon appreciate his style.

Archived