Gibson Brands Forums

NAD a trade up

NHTom

As much as I loved my Mesa Mini Rec, I got messing around with this little guy at the guitar shop and after a little thought, worked out a good fair trade.

Mesa Mark 5:25

101_1178_zpsqmkghjtl.jpg

The mini rec was awesome with tons of tones in it, but this thing has all those tones plus a bunch more. Lots of other additional features and a small spring reverb in it.

NHTom

Been reading the manual on it........I know I know I know.......major sin.......lol.

I love the little graphic eq on it.

From what I gather, the eq knobs are way earlier in the path and the graphic near the end. I found a real nice tone on the clean side and the dirty side that I was enjoying then figured I'd try out the graphic part......OMG........what a monster this thing is. The foot switch has a channel button and one for the eq on or off......very cool setup.

Just scratching the surface. Has headphone out, a built in cab clone, a DI out, fx loop, etc. Will take a while to learn it all, but while my Marshall JCM 800 does it's thing perfectly........this should round out the range and fill in any holes the marshall skips.

NHTom

As much as I loved my Mesa Mini Rec, I got messing around with this little guy at the guitar shop and after a little thought, worked out a good fair trade.

Mesa Mark 5:25

The mini rec was awesome with tons of tones in it, but this thing has all those tones plus a bunch more. Lots of other additional features and a small spring reverb in it.

NHTom

Nice! I've been considering a Mark 5:25 combo for a long time, but haven't scraped up the cash to make it happen yet. I'm looking at the Lone Star too. Meanwhile I have to make do with a Line 6 model of a Mark 3.

Nice! I've been considering a Mark 5:25 combo for a long time, but haven't scraped up the cash to make it happen yet. I'm looking at the Lone Star too. Meanwhile I have to make do with a Line 6 model of a Mark 3.

I have a 2005 issue of guitar world which I flick through regularly, and whenever i get to the ad for the Lone Star I think - hey that's the one. Might just make a great 50th Birthday present if and when I get there. I'm sure your Princeton is a beauty too. [thumbup]

PS. Nice one Tom!

I have a 2005 issue of guitar world which I flick through regularly, and whenever i get to the ad for the Lone Star I think - hey that's the one. Might just make a great 50th Birthday present if and when I get there. I'm sure your Princeton is a beauty too. [thumbup]

PS. Nice one Tom!

I messed with a lonestar too.........NICE amp.

Archived