Gibson Brands Forums

The Force Awakens - IMAX

quapman

Just got home from seeing the new Star Wars movie at the IMAX.

They said we are the only location in Canada and only 1 of 15 locations in the world to see it at IMAX.

So that's pretty cool.

The whole family went. Me and my boy are Star Wars nuts.

I'll spare you the spoilers if your are going.

All I will say is I freaking loved it!

Great movie.

Seen a few IMAX shows but this was the first full movie I have seen there so that just put it over the top.

It was a good night.

Just got back from seeing it at an Imax, a friend of mine booked me a ticket as a surprise....

It was a good film, but this trip confirmed to me that I really hate the cinema experience, it was way too hot in there and my bum started going numb after like 30 mins... and 3D is just rubbish... doesnt add a thing to the film, only distracts you from whats going on..... Id rather watch these things in the comfort of my own home...

Hate cinemas...

Well Rabs I agree with you on the 3D.

Our IMAX didn't show it in 3D. I too hate 3D.

But I don't agree with you on the theater. If I really want to see a movie I make a point of seeing it on the

big screen. After I get past all the annoying people and the $30 for popcorn and drink and I'm in my seat I'm a happy camper.

Can't beat the big screen. And usually pretty decent sound systems for the most part.

I have mixed feelings about the whole 3D experience. It's obviously way better than when I was a kid. For me the depth portion is really good, but the "breadth" is not there even though it's in an IMAX theater. The people look smaller for some reason, almost not life-like. It may be just me, but I'm not a big fan of it. My son wanted to see it in 3D, which is the only reason why I did it.

Went and saw SW on Tuesday; and I haver to agree it was very good - a worthy sequel indeed! Didn't see it in IMAX or anything like that; just the normal 2D thing. It's been an expensive month so I didn't need to go and spend another 15 notes on super-fancy viewing.

Archived