Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar on the way from Reverb.com

Guitar God

So, last week I got rid of my Gibson Les Paul Studio and my PRS SE Custom 22. Decided to get a Gibson Les Paul Special. It's a 2001. Always wanted one of those. Got it coming from Reverb.com today. Don't know when it'll be here, but will be posting when it gets here! [biggrin]

Sweet! I love LP Specials. I have a faded ebony one which plays and sounds beautiful (love the p-90's), but sometimes I wish I'd held out for a full gloss one - I got mine in an end of line sale and all the gloss ones had gone. I saw a gorgeous gloss brown one on ebay a while back from the US. I don't recall ever seeing them here in the UK, but good golly I'd like one of those.

Thanks! I'll post pictures as soon as it gets here. Not for sure when it'll be here, though. I'm going to guess and say sometime this coming week or next. Not for sure, though, especially with Christmas coming up. Things may be a little slow because of that. Anyway, the one I have coming is a faded one. It's a 2001. Has the 498T/490R combo. Love those pickups! Have sets in my 2001 and 2000 Standards. Comes with a hard shell case. Like I said, I've always wanted one. I started playing guitar at 8 years old back in 2000, so I remember those old Specials very well. First time I've really checked out reverb.com and ordered something from them. Really cool site. In case any of you have never checked it out, it's sort of like eBay, but nothing but music gear. Best way I can describe the site.

Archived