Gibson Brands Forums

Lifting bridge... Problem solved.

62burst

Most not certainly by todays standards, I hope, This reminds me of a "Qualified Martin Warrantee" repair I had done a while back, although my repair wasn't as thourough as this one. The only Gibson repairs I've ever needed done, were on our !947 L 4 being a re fret in the '80s, and a cracked bridge, I shouldn't complain that we footed the bill. We only played the L 4 for close to 40 years. That son of a gun today plays better than it ever did. I've only played Gibson flat tops since the '60s and only had to have the truss rods adjusted on them a couple of times. Although I love "vintage" Martin and Gibsons, my easiest playing and best sounding guitars, for my style at my advanced age are Gibsons. I have and love pre war Martins and Gibsons. I would not even consider an other builder of guitars. PS our 1933 Gibson TG0 has needed a neck set for only about 50 years. It wears ultra light PB strings for the past 20 years and is still a joy to play for my petite wife. Me also. Just my opinion. By the way, folks.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from your most disliked Member user.

Not even close. He's not here any more. But Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too.

Regarding the picture of the bridge from Gehenna, what gets me is that white B string bridge pin. Even the string itself didn't want to be seen with it.

62Burst,

I'm seriously thinking of making a picture of that for my office.Would you mind? (I assume you took it.)

If it's okay, could you upload a high res image to your Photobucket public account? This one's only 72 dpi.

Either way, thanks for this post. Just when you think you've seen everything....

... Just when you think you've seen everything....

Yes, I kinda threw up a little in my mouth.

Lo res, but the photo gets to the impact. The image was received in a text today from a fellow guitarist. A search was done on the forums, etc. for redundancy check &/or a link, but to no avail.

... By the way, folks.

As FullMental says; "Not even close". The reports of your despicableness are greatly exaggerated; mostly by you. Wishing you and all a Merry Christmas.

Lo res, but the photo gets to the impact. The image was received in a text today from a fellow guitarist. A search was done on the forums, etc. for redundancy check &/or a link, but to no avail.

Thanks for trying and especially for the research.

My intent was to matte the photo then frame it with an elaborate frame and hang it on the wall at work.

Illustrative of the principle that if you do crap work you can't hide it behind pricey window dressing. (A reminder to myself.)

Sort of my own version of the Demotivational Posters like this one:

limitationsdemotivator.jpeg?v=1430420134

Thanks for trying and especially for the research.

My intent was to matte the photo then frame it with an elaborate frame and hang it on the wall at work.

Illustrative of the principle that if you do crap work you can't hide it behind pricey window dressing. (A reminder to myself.)

Sort of my own version of the Demotivational Posters like this one:

limitationsdemotivator.jpeg?v=1430420134

FA, This one is really, really inspirational. Best I can remember ever seeing. I'd hang it on the wall in a minute. The Hot Glue Guitar Bridge one, not really. I'd have to wash my eyes out with bleach every time I looked at it!

Archived