Gibson Brands Forums

Yamaha RevStar Guitars

Rabs

The SG2000 and variations...I played a few of those...heavy, with resin fretboard - good guitars. Reissued a few years ago?

Resin fretboard? Possibly the newer ones might have such dreadful devices but my SG2000 has an ebony board.

Resin fretboard? Possibly the newer ones might have such dreadful devices but my SG2000 has an ebony board.

Yes. I've tried to research this to back up my assertion and so far can't find any detail of which SG models had this - I think it was called Ebonol - obviously not the 2000!

I played several back in the day - as well as the SG2000 there was a SG1300T and various others. At least one I played had the Ebonol fretboard which was very good in fact.....

Yes. I've tried to research this to back up my assertion and so far can't find any detail of which SG models had this - I think it was called Ebonol - obviously not the 2000!

I played several back in the day - as well as the SG2000 there was a SG1300T and various others. At least one I played had the Ebonol fretboard which was very good in fact.....

You are right jd about some Yamaha's having the Ebonal (I think it is the same stuff as richlite) fretboard. At one time Yamaha were putting them on the SA2200 semi-acoustics. I think they have gone back to proper wood again now.

Archived