Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Broadway Elitist plays Sleigh ride

es390

Not sure if it`ll put you in the Christmas mood, but here`s my version of Sleigh Ride on the Epiphone Broadway Elitist. Merry Christmas to you all!

Nicely done, Christmas Cheer for sure. Your Epi sounds like a true jazz guitar, full, round and very melodic.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas, es390! [thumbup]

Nice stuff! But, um, when I think of "redneck music," a classic organ trio doesn't exactly jump to mind. There's a lot more Charlie Christian than Charlie Daniels in your playing!

Thanks for the compliment! If I could only get that CC sound.. I do like to mix things up a bit and texas/western swing is one style that I`m working on right now. I do have an original tune called "Redneck Samba" which is on my album "Bankside". However, I didn´t manage to get the sound I wanted for that song and the arrangement is just okay. It is one I will redo some time.

Here´s a link to it:

Redneck Samba

It is recorded with my Gibson es339 through a Roland cube 60 but I addaed a plugin for a little crunch.

Nice stuff! But, um, when I think of "redneck music," a classic organ trio doesn't exactly jump to mind. There's a lot more Charlie Christian than Charlie Daniels in your playing!

I agree not much rednecking in there, just some incredibly talented guys, making it happen.

(I got a kick out of the drummer chuckling when you'd pull of something very cool, - which you did a lot of-- :) I love it when the band mates are listening to each other and working off the moment. )

I agree not much rednecking in there, just some incredibly talented guys, making it happen.

(I got a kick out of the drummer chuckling when you'd pull of something very cool, - which you did a lot of-- :) I love it when the band mates are listening to each other and working off the moment. )

Thank you [thumbup]

Archived