Gibson Brands Forums

Mean People and the "Holiday Season"

rocketman

My wife and I eat lunch at this great place. Today we were waiting in line to pick up some food for tomorrow. There were two registers and only one line. The line started forming behind us, but that was right in between some tables. So my wife moved to the side while I stood in front in "no mans" land checking my email. A line formed behind my wife.

This little old lady comes behind me, and I tell her that the line is behind my wife. But by then another line had started at the other register. A person cut our "line," and checked out at the another register. Then the little old lady literally called me an a$$hole; I guess for letting the guy cut in front of her. My wife said she gave me the finger too! She then said that no woman would ever want to be with me. She was just giving it to me! I looked at her and said that my wife is right in front of her, and that we've been happily married for almost 20 years now. She then said it wouldn't last.

I told her "you want to make a bet that it will?" but she just started calling me names again. I just started laughing. My wife and I let her cut in front of us. People in the place were getting a kick out of the whole thing. We know the owner and the staff. They said that we were the sweetest and nicest couple we knew. That was nice of them. Before the lady left I looked at her and said "Merry Christmas," which didn't sit well with her.

Then we go to the supermarket. The lot was full but I saw someone pulling out. So I put my blinker on. This other guy came up and puts his blinker on too, well after me. He starts giving me the evil look, and starts putting his hands up saying WTF. Normally I would just let a jerk like that take the spot, but I already got called an a$$hole once today, so I decided that I shouldn't be pushed around twice. Luckily my bimmer wasn't keyed.

I'll just chalk this all up to "it wouldn't be the holiday season without people being jerks."

I still can't stop laughing thinking about that old lady. I told my wife I wanted to start singing "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" in the place just to egg her on, but I couldn't' stop laughing to get a verse out. [biggrin]

A couple of winters ago, I came down with a wicked sinus infection.

I felt like dog-$hit, and had a low grade fever going.

I called in sick to the office, and drove over to a nearby Doc In The Box, and sat in the parking lot, waiting until they opened up at 08:00 am.

There were three other cars in the parking lot, but nobody was out standing by the door of the clinic because it was so damned cold and windy out that morning.

It must've been around 4 degrees Fahrenheit outside.

At around 07:56 I got out the Subaru and walked up to the door of the place, hoping to get to the head of the line.

At that point, two other people, a man and a woman, got out of their cars and stood in the frigid line with me.

At 08:01, a nurse came to the front door of the facility and unlocked it, and let us in.

We filed in, and stood in line at the reception counter.

I began filling out the little slip of paper, and I got my ID and insurance card out of my wallet.

Out of nowhere, a little old lady trooped in thru the front door of the clinic, walked past the other patients, and slugged me in the arm.

(And I mean hard. She punched me really hard.)

I turned, startled.

The old lady admonished me, "I was here first. You cut in line in front of me!"

She was furious.

I surmised that she must have been the very first patient to pull into the parking lot that morning, but wasn't willing to get out of her Oldsmobile until the front door had been unlocked, due to the frigid conditions outside.

I bowed out of the way graciously, and told her, "My goodness, I do apologize. Please step in line in front of me, ma'am."

She passed me with a huff, and set her huge handbag onto the reception counter, and went about the lengthy process of digging her wallet and ID out of a nest of old Kleenexes and candy wrappers.

I stood there and rubbed my sore arm.

MAN, she frogged me hard.

A guy in line behind me leaned forward and whispered, "Hey, dude. She physically assaulted you. You could press charges if you want to!"

I turned my head and said, "Nah. She's pretty harmless, and she's not firing on all eight. Plus, she has only so many days left on this earth. I don't want to make any of her days anymore unpleasant than they already are."

The fellow shrugged, and muttered, "Eh. You're a nice guy, I get it. Just remember where nice guys finish."

He had a Jersey accent. I liked him.

I laughed. "Nice guys got nothin' on me. I'm like a regular prince."

He laughed, I laughed, and we stood there and waited for our turn to eventually meet with the Pakistani doctor with the cold hands and the interesting accent.

[crying]

1450997404[/url]' post='1724139']

A couple of winters ago, I came down with a wicked sinus infection.

I felt like dog-$hit, and had a low grade fever going.

I called in sick to the office, and drove over to a nearby Doc In The Box, and sat in the parking lot, waiting until they opened up at 08:00 am.

There were three other cars in the parking lot, but nobody was out standing by the door of the clinic because it was so damned cold and windy out that morning.

It must've been around 4 degrees Fahrenheit outside.

At around 07:56 I got out the Subaru and walked up to the door of the place, hoping to get to the head of the line.

At that point, two other people, a man and a woman, got out of their cars and stood in the frigid line with me.

At 08:01, a nurse came to the front door of the facility and unlocked it, and let us in.

We filed in, and stood in line at the reception counter.

I began filling out the little slip of paper, and I got my ID and insurance card out of my wallet.

Out of nowhere, a little old lady trooped in thru the front door of the clinic, walked past the other patients, and slugged me in the arm.

(And I mean hard. She punched me really hard.)

I turned, startled.

The old lady admonished me, "I was here first. You cut in line in front of me!"

She was furious.

I surmised that she must have been the very first patient to pull into the parking lot that morning, but wasn't willing to get out of her Oldsmobile until the front door had been unlocked, due to the frigid conditions outside.

I bowed out of the way graciously, and told her, "My goodness, I do apologize. Please step in line in front of me, ma'am."

She passed me with a huff, and set her huge handbag onto the reception counter, and went about the lengthy process of digging her wallet and ID out of a nest of old Kleenexes and candy wrappers.

I stood there and rubbed my sore arm.

MAN, she frogged me hard.

A guy in line behind me leaned forward and whispered, "Hey, dude. She physically assaulted you. You could press charges if you want to!"

I turned my head and said, "Nah. She's pretty harmless, and she's not firing on all eight. Plus, she has only so many days left on this earth. I don't want to make any of her days anymore unpleasant than they already are."

The fellow shrugged, and muttered, "Eh. You're a nice guy, I get it. Just remember where nice guys finish."

He had a Jersey accent. I liked him.

I laughed. "Nice guys got nothin' on me. I'm like a regular prince."

He laughed, I laughed, and we stood there and waited for our turn to eventually meet with the Pakistani doctor with the cold hands and the interesting accent. msp_scared.gif

You guys are very nice.msp_ohmy.gif I've worked out so many years with weights, I'm still a power lifter. (not bragging) but my wife and other women who have tried hitting me hard have all cried, "Owwww, you hurt my hand! I just chuckle.

My wife and I eat lunch at this great place. Today we were waiting in line to pick up some food for tomorrow. There were two registers and only one line. The line started forming behind us, but that was right in between some tables. So my wife moved to the side while I stood in front in "no mans" land checking my email. A line formed behind my wife.

This little old lady comes behind me, and I tell her that the line is behind my wife. But by then another line had started at the other register. A person cut our "line," and checked out at the another register. Then the little old lady literally called me an a$$hole; I guess for letting the guy cut in front of her. My wife said she gave me the finger too! She then said that no woman would ever want to be with me. She was just giving it to me! I looked at her and said that my wife is right in front of her, and that we've been happily married for almost 20 years now. She then said it wouldn't last.

I told her "you want to make a bet that it will?" but she just started calling me names again. I just started laughing. My wife and I let her cut in front of us. People in the place were getting a kick out of the whole thing. We know the owner and the staff. They said that we were the sweetest and nicest couple we knew. That was nice of them. Before the lady left I looked at her and said "Merry Christmas," which didn't sit well with her.

Then we go to the supermarket. The lot was full but I saw someone pulling out. So I put my blinker on. This other guy came up and puts his blinker on too, well after me. He starts giving me the evil look, and starts putting his hands up saying WTF. Normally I would just let a jerk like that take the spot, but I already got called an a$$hole once today, so I decided that I shouldn't be pushed around twice. Luckily my bimmer wasn't keyed.

I'll just chalk this all up to "it wouldn't be the holiday season without people being jerks."

I still can't stop laughing thinking about that old lady. I told my wife I wanted to start singing "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" in the place just to egg her on, but I couldn't' stop laughing to get a verse out. [biggrin]

Yeah Rocketman. IDK why so many people are miserable in general, but especially at this time of year. You handled it pretty good though. [biggrin]

As far as the whole issue with the lines. Having worked for many years at an airport, I'm a big believer in just one line no matter how many "positions" are working. That works much better than a line forming for each register (or whatever it might be). If there is an "issue" at one position, everyone in that line is held up while the other lines keep moving.

Another thing that causes problems is when the "next" customer doesn't wait until they are invited up. (like say a bank teller). Just because the customer in front of you has walked away, doesn't mean the teller is quite ready to help the next person. So dude just walks right up, but the teller politely asks for a minute, and then another teller is ready and the person behind him ends up getting helped quicker. Now the first dude is all butt-hurt just because he wasn't patient enough to just wait until he was called. [cursing] Sorry about the rant. [blush]

I've worked out so many years with weights, I'm still a power lifter. (not bragging) but my wife and other women who have tried hitting me hard have all cried, "Owwww, you hurt my hand! I just chuckle.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When I was 20, the doctor sent a young beautiful nurse in to give me a shot in the ***. She commented on how hard the muscles were. I wanted to get married right then.

Archived