Gibson Brands Forums

What did Santa bring you this year?

Dub-T-123

Merry Christmas everybody. I'm sure lots of us here got some cool toys for Christmas, so let's see what you got!

This year I got myself the sweet gift of 5 old broken stompboxes from our very own LPguitarman. So far I've only had time to repair one but it is a real winner now that I fixed it! My new favorite phaser :) thanks LPguitarman!!

61F6A1FC-8193-4EE3-8A90-8FF63AAB8C59_zpsfmr8pga7.jpg

My family got me a powdercoating rig from harbor freight for my stompbox builds, and my girlfriend got me an oven to cure the finishes in :)

So I got some killer gifts this year, let's see what you guys got!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[crying] NOTHING, materially! I guess, I was a "bad boy," this year?! [scared][blush]

Seriously, since it's just me, I haven't done the "gift" thing, for Christmas, in years!

But, I treat myself, with reasonable "gifts," now and again, all year long. [biggrin]

Most recent "gift" to myself "gear wise," was a new (dark gray) Fulltone "Full Drive 3."

Really liking it!

CB

We don't give gifts to each other either though we go in big of birthdays.

We buy for kids and grandkids and they us, and as such I got some nice gift vouchers for a fishing/boating chain, and will put them to good use! I'm very hard to buy for!

Major things we want, we save some discretionary money each week and buy things when we have the money. Most guitars and major purchases have been the result of saving, sometimes for up to a year.

It's all good.

Mrs. Santa (my wife) got me a really nice Dewalt cordless drill to replace one that some nut swiped from me two years ago, my mother gave me money which I spent on a Zappa album and DVD and then I asked Santa for a pony but he said no, too much poop to shovel but you can have a Tiger.

So I got a Tiger.

tiger5_zpsr7fm6eyg.jpg

tiger1_zpswhilf6j5.jpg

I had to pick it up in Yonkers, NY last night and the traffic on the George Washington Bridge was just incredibly heavy. Bumper to bumper on the bridge? A ten hour marathon road trip but it was worth it.

I also got to play a friend's J-200 for a little bit, it's a nice guitar with a different feel and sound than a Martin or Guild.

Nice stomp-boxes and acoustics!

(And a really nice Triumph motorcycle.)

I got a new Simmons DA50 drum amplifier.

My old Roland rig took a direct hit from a lightning storm last year, and the small bass amp I've been using for my Roland digital kit just wasn't getting the job done.

We are kicking it old school now!!

81BfsWJk3EL._SY355_.jpg

Nothing. Oh, a bill to pay.

Anyways, it's about my sister's kids. They got plenty of stuff. They were very happy. :)

Only one phone call from my best childhood friend, and a message from Donny.

Christmas and my birthday are always sad and lonely.

Best wishes to You all... Bence

Anyways, it's about my sister's kids. They got plenty of stuff. They were very happy. :)

Oh man.

You're just a giver, that's all, Bence.

May God bless you, and if I lived near you I would enjoy having you over for some beers and a lot of playing guitars!

Happy Christmas.

TAR2110-1276.jpg

Best wishes to you too Bence.

Nothing big, but a few cool little music-related items...

A new boom stand by Konig & Meyer - which is supposed to be top notch stuff...

61bxburjZAL.jpg

A roller bridge that I am hoping fits my Bigsby equipped Gretsch double Jet

41f0XXhGfZL.jpg

This FiiO lossless music player

613wzZcCRCL.jpg

And this book, supposed to be an inside look at classic country recordings

book.jpg

In all honesty, I really can't think of anything "major" that I either want or need.(NO, REALLY!) That said, the Mrs. got me a gift card from the GC that I can use to order some of the ongoing necessities, like strings, etc. Works for me

Merry Christmas everybody. I'm sure lots of us here got some cool toys for Christmas, so let's see what you got!

This year I got myself the sweet gift of 5 old broken stompboxes from our very own LPguitarman. So far I've only had time to repair one but it is a real winner now that I fixed it! My new favorite phaser :) thanks LPguitarman!!

61F6A1FC-8193-4EE3-8A90-8FF63AAB8C59_zpsfmr8pga7.jpg

My family got me a powdercoating rig from harbor freight for my stompbox builds, and my girlfriend got me an oven to cure the finishes in :)

So I got some killer gifts this year, let's see what you guys got!

You are very welcome Travis. Just glad I found a home for those old pedals.

As for my Christmas:

A RYOBI Power Washer.

A new Beard Groomer, my old one broke.

A very red (Christmas Red) dress shirt.

A book of Christmas Carols for guitar.

Trivial Pursuit (Classic Rock Edition).

And, last but certainly not least. Tickets to see the new Star Wars movie. I know, not such a big thing, but the big thing is my wife, (who got them for me) agreeing to see the movie with me.

Those last photo's of the "valves" always make me smile as it was tube days when I started my Electronics training. [biggrin]

I had the blessing of being alive & somewhat healthy, a good Wife, Son, and two dogs. I told my wife I really didn't want to get any more stuff to have to deal with. The best present I could ever receive it to de-clutter, locate,organize, and enjoy what I HAVE. I believe I "have" too much to get any more. Sounds dumb, but I just ask for wool sock, and new Hanes briefs for Christmas. Got them both and had a better time giving this year (that was simple too).

Saw some fun stuff here that others received. [thumbup] [thumbup] Good for you all and still wishing you all a great Christmas (that lasts at LEAST till New Years Day, or if like me, Epiphany).

Aster

PS I did get myself a gift, but prolly too controversial to discuss for many here.

Archived