Gibson Brands Forums

What did Santa bring you this year?

Dub-T-123

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing music related this year. Some photo gear but nothing big. We're holding off for now to see if I get to keep my job in 2016. In my day job, I work for a natural gas exploration company and the year hasn't been kind to the industry.

Sorry to hear that Armadillo. Hope you enjoyed your time anyway and hope 2016 looks better for you

• 3 weeks later...

I got an Epiphone Wildkat in a beautiful amber colour. I've left it in to be re-wired and to have a Schaller Roller bridge installed as the Bigbsy sends it out of tune as soon as you use it.

AD921393-3818-43A3-B7A1-2DF6F34242D8_zpsroksz2fv.jpg

The P90s do snarl but are a little muddy which will apparently be sorted when the Guitar has its wiring fixed. Looking forward to getting it back. Apart for the tuning and wiring issues, this Guitar is beautiful to behold and very well put together. A little bigger than a Les Paul but feels really nice.

I got an Epiphone Wildkat in a beautiful amber colour. I've left it in to be re-wired and to have a Schaller Roller bridge installed as the Bigbsy sends it out of tune as soon as you use it.

The P90s do snarl but are a little muddy which will apparently be sorted when the Guitar has its wiring fixed. Looking forward to getting it back. Apart for the tuning and wiring issues, this Guitar is beautiful to behold and very well put together. A little bigger than a Les Paul but feels really nice.

I would replace the Bigsby too. Though they do look good. Tidy looking guitar.

Everytime I read this Topic Title I see 'what did Santana bring you this year?'

AD921393-3818-43A3-B7A1-2DF6F34242D8_zpsroksz2fv.jpg

Roller bridge will help, but I'd have the nut replaced, as well, if you're going to actually use the Bigsby, to any extent.

But, that's just Me...

CB

Wow some nice gifts posted here... The wife and I do not do Christmas for each other anymore we spend enough doing a couple vacations a year and other purchases that we are good with that plus we just feel it is more for the grandkids ....and when you have 11 of those it racks up in a hurry.....I did however buy a J-15 in November so that is my christmas I guess...

Roller bridge will help, but I'd have the nut replaced, as well, if you're going to actually use the Bigsby, to any extent.

But, that's just Me...

CB

I'll see how I get on with the new bridge first. I would be using the Bigsby.

I would replace the Bigsby too. Though they do look good. Tidy looking guitar.

Everytime I read this Topic Title I see 'what did Santana bring you this year?'

Why would I replace the Bigsby? This is one of the Plus points on the Guitar and I do use it.

Guest Farnsbarns

The last of my valves arrived today after a short delay so a revalve and bias on the Fender SS22 is coming, either one evening or next weekend.

Santana was slow to come around here and he only dropped-off my present a fortnight ago but it was worth the wait. He brought me a couple of things;

A Fender Tweed case for my Strat;

Tweed%20Case%20full%20loish-res_zps4hheflgg.jpg

...and a Leitz Tele-Elmarit 90mm for my M8.2;

Lo-Res%20Tele-Elmarit%2090mm%20f2.8_zpst6kgbok0.jpg

Pip.

Archived