Gibson Brands Forums

What did Santa bring you this year?

Dub-T-123

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously, I'm on a Jaco binge. I recommend the video biography, but it wasn't nearly as inclusive as the book.

The bourbon is included to show that Farns and I are on the same spiritual wavelength- a present from a good friend.

IMG_0045_zpswin4cte3.jpg

Wow some really cool stuff in here! What brand are the ECC81 farnsbarns? My buddy has some Brimars that I want to try out (but they are $$$)

Killing me! I loved my old Phasor II! [love]

Best phaser I've ever tried! You gotta build yourself a clone or something pup! Now I want to make a Bi-Phase :0

Wow some really cool stuff in here! What brand are the ECC81 farnsbarns? My buddy has some Brimars that I want to try out (but they are $$$)

They look like new manufacture Gold Lions from here.

How come we don't have a "tube" thread? They make a huge difference.

I heven't tried any of the newer "reissues".

Guest Farnsbarns

Best phaser I've ever tried! You gotta build yourself a clone or something pup! Now I want to make a Bi-Phase :0

They look like new manufacture Gold Lions from here.

How come we don't have a "tube" thread? They make a huge difference.

I heven't tried any of the newer "reissues".

Yep. Gold Lions for my fender supersonic. One will drive reverb and the other will be the phase inverter. The 6v6s are the power amp and I need 3 12ax7s too.

<br />Yep. Gold Lions for my fender supersonic. One will drive reverb and the other will be the phase inverter. The 6v6s are the power amp and I need 3 12ax7s too.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Farns, how do you like them. I've been trying to decide between Gold lions & Mullards for my Orange .

2015 Martin CS 00018 with Italian Alpine Spruce top, Waverlys and a Geib case. She is sweet.

12347687_10207963927004341_4980961534083438062_n_zpsejpr7ebj.jpg

mmmmm...very interesting. Second one I've seen mentioned this year, but I've never seen one. I may have a chance at one this June if he doesn't sell it. It's mahogany no?

rct

Guest Farnsbarns

<br /><br /><br />

Farns, how do you like them. I've been trying to decide between Gold lions & Mullards for my Orange .

I've not actually tried the new Mullards. I should, I found out a year or so ago that my maternal grandfather, who I never met, worked for them designing valves.

I've got gold Lions in my marshall and in a couple of amps I built and I like them.

Nothing music related for me, money is tight for us. I got clothes (that I picked out from the Clearance Rack 3 weeks ago) and a new pair of Vans.

Hi Rosemarie.

I know times are tough for many people. I hope you are blessed with the important things in life: Friends, family and good health.

May you, and all the forum members here have a safe, happy and healthy New Year.

I got a B9 organ machine pedal. I must have been good this year. We bought my mother 4 new tires for her car at Firestone, paid to have her front end aligned, we paid for my aunts basement to be fixed, I painted the walls and put new woodwork on. Bought her new carpet. Our snow blower broke trying to remove the 9 1/2" of snow dumped on us Christmas Eve so I hand shoveled our two driveways and two sidewalks, ect, my mothers place and driveway, my wife's aunts place and two driveways, our sons house because he was gone. So I got a bunch of cash, a new 2 stage 24" big snow blower, some Dvd's, treated to several free meals, received a big coin collection to go with mine, a music stand, some other little things and was asked if I wanted anything else? Of course I said no!unsure.gif

I got to try out the new powdercoating gun that Santa brought me yesterday. I'm pretty happy with the results! Gotta get some more colors now, this orange is the only one I have currently

AD3D01CD-A923-476F-B436-49A0803E173A_zpsrd8pnqma.jpg

Cool [thumbup] So much more durable than paint. Did you bake it in your new toaster oven too?

mmmmm...very interesting. Second one I've seen mentioned this year, but I've never seen one. I may have a chance at one this June if he doesn't sell it. It's mahogany no?

rct

Yes, mahogany back/sides. Short scale, 1 3/4" nut, low oval neck shape. These guitars are so comfortable to play and have tone and volume for days. I have two of them now. One in Adirondack and Madagascar (basically a 00028) with the same neck profile and nut width and the one you see in this thread. I highly recommend trying one out if you have the chance.

Santa and I had a falling out some years back.

It was in a store in Chichester. I saw him at the bottom of some steps, and said "Hey, I've got a bone to pick with you.." I then chastised him severely for not bringing the train set when I was 8. He didnt have much to say for himself. He's actually quite dull witted, and not very jolly either.

The point is I was good all year when I was 8. So its his fault that I havnt been good since.

Santa and I had a falling out some years back.

It was in a store in Chichester. I saw him at the bottom of some steps, and said "Hey, I've got a bone to pick with you.." I then chastised him severely for not bringing the train set when I was 8. He didnt have much to say for himself. He's actually quite dull witted, and not very jolly either.

The point is I was good all year when I was 8. So its his fault that I havnt been good since.

[lol]

Yes, mahogany back/sides. Short scale, 1 3/4" nut, low oval neck shape. These guitars are so comfortable to play and have tone and volume for days. I have two of them now. One in Adirondack and Madagascar (basically a 00028) with the same neck profile and nut width and the one you see in this thread. I highly recommend trying one out if you have the chance.

I will for sure, it is on my list. M-36 might make it too hard to buy anything else though!

rct

Got myself a Korg Magnetune, Stage Legend guitar stand.....needed both....

Was given Amazon vouchers so got new strings - Fender nickels, Gibson Brite Wire nickels and a set of Rotosounds..

But also was given a big book - "Jazz Life" by W Claxton and J Berendt, really something!

@Dub - that looks great!

Archived