Gibson Brands Forums

Fancy some Beatles ?

Rabs

1451235808[/url]' post='1724715']

I notice the links have been blocked....

Perhaps there is a copyright issue

The Beatles are indeed a very special piece of 'history of the world'

Saw Paul's show this last May

And am still buzzing.... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

We saw him last year in Montana at a outside venue, man! What a show!

Gosh, how does one pick a "favorite" Beatles song?! [tongue][scared]

I could (probably) pick a favorite, for a day, or portion thereof,

or to fit a particular mood, or situation. But, an overall favorite,

No Way!

CB

That's why I said faves... plural :)

Bit of a sacred cow around here I realize. Personally I find the early stuff cute but not super interesting. I really like the Revolver, Abbey Road, and Rubber Soul albums, (not chronological order I realize). The "White Album" has some gems and quite a bit of fluff. Same with Sgt. Pepper.

If I was forced to pick a favorite song, it might be "Something" or it might be "She Said, She Said".

As far as listening to the Beatles regularly, my problem is just that I have listened to the albums SO many times. I guess some people enjoy listening to the same songs over and over, but I just can't.

I really wish George Martin had rolled tape all the time and there was a bunch of good stuff out there to be released. They just don't seem to have much extra stuff laying about. And since they quit touring early on, there isn't live stuff to release either.

I also wished they had continued to really collaborate. Instead it became pretty much albums of John songs, and Paul songs, and a George song or two.

I do find I really enjoy listening to people covering Beatles songs. What could be better than a fresh perspective on a great tune? That's more fun for me than hearing what I've already heard so many times.

So I will post a couple covers of one of my favorite Beatles covers here... Hope that's okay, and I you like them.

I'm going to start typing random Beatles songs that I think of off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure these will all be instantly recognizable to millions of other people around the globe.

I Want To Hold You Hand, Yesterday, Helter Skelter, I Feel Fine, Here Comes The Sun, Michelle, Blackbird, In My Life, Please Please Me, And I Love Her, Strawberry Fields, Lucy In The Sky With Diamond, Revolution, Don't Let Me Down, Love Me Do, Obla Di, Yellow Submarine, You're Gonna Lose That Girl, Day In The Life, Hey Jude, Let It Be, Something, Got to Get You Into My Life, Help, Paperback Writer, Taxman, A Little Help From My Friends, Ticket To Ride, We Can Work It Out, Can't Buy Me Love, Hello Goodbye,...

I could easily go on with more. Pick another artists or band and play this game. With the exception of maybe the Rolling Stones, no one will come close.

It's just impossible to pick a favorite song. I was fortunate enough to be playing in a cover band in the mid '60's, and we did a lot of Beatle covers. To say that these guys evolved is just an understatement. Liston to the albums in sequence, realize the outside influences, not to mention competition, and you have a virtual library of "this is how it's done" lads. Am I wrong? I mean seriously, they stopped producing stuff as "Beatles" almost 50 years ago, and they are still as relevant as if they were recording today.

Yeah, they've been a major influence and I'm a big fan

It's just impossible to pick a favorite song. I was fortunate enough to be playing in a cover band in the mid '60's, and we did a lot of Beatle covers. To say that these guys evolved is just an understatement. Liston to the albums in sequence, realize the outside influences, not to mention competition, and you have a virtual library of "this is how it's done" lads. Am I wrong? I mean seriously, they stopped producing stuff as "Beatles" almost 50 years ago, and they are still as relevant as if they were recording today.

Yeah, they've been a major influence and I'm a big fan

Ditto.

Just to re-iterate...

This thread is NOT about picking a favourite Beatles song.. I agree the size of their catalogue and their evolution makes that impossible.. and actually its always hard to pick a favourite song from any one band or artist as I like different songs for different reasons...

This is more about just sharing some cool music as I was in the Beatles mood :) Just pick ones that you fancy hearing or maybe even have a story about why you like a certain song and what it may mean to you...

that's all :) just a bit of fun and good music (well unless you don't like them in which case what you doing on a dedicated Beatles thread ;))

Archived