Gibson Brands Forums

Interesting "Chibson" construction photos with Craigslist Ad

Blueblooded

I ran across this fake Gibson for sale ad on CL and thought the construction photos quite interesting. Like the neck pocket is non-existent and the body appears to be finished. Not sure, but I think conventional construction has the neck and body joined before any finishing takes place. Anyway, thought some of you might find this interesting...

http://saginaw.craigslist.org/msg/5361492368.html

He's asking a lot of money for that thing, ain't he? You can get a LOT better guitar for 400 bucks American.

I flagged the hell out of it.

Agree 110%. The point of posting this was to show the strange construction techniques being used. While it may look nice, I'd bet it plays like a POS. And I'm pretty sure putting a manufacturer's name and registered trademark, along with "Made in the USA" on a product that ain't, are all illegal/criminal. I think it's time it becomes a crime to knowingly purchase/own anything like this to deter anyone with a little conscience from buying/owning/selling such items.

Agree 110%. The point of posting this was to show the strange construction techniques being used. While it may look nice, I'd bet it plays like a POS. And I'm pretty sure putting a manufacturer's name and registered trademark, along with "Made in the USA" on a product that ain't, are all illegal/criminal. I think it's time it becomes a crime to knowingly purchase/own anything like this to deter anyone with a little conscience from buying/owning/selling such items.

The law of this land never has and never will enter into a commercial transaction between two willing participants. Half of what is on television would be gone overnight if they did that.

rct

Fake remains a fake no matter how "honest" is the advertisement.

Once it is in the market with a fake Gibson logo, who knows how many people might get screwed later on...

Can't buy a Gibson because it is too expensive? There are legitimate more affordable alternative with a proper logo or headstock.

One might have the right to fool himself with instant gratification but not other people...

Fake remains a fake no matter how "honest" is the advertisement.

Once it is in the market with a fake Gibson logo, who knows how many people might get screwed later on...

Can't buy a Gibson because it is too expensive? There are legitimate more affordable alternative with a proper logo or headstock.

One might have the right to fool himself with instant gratification but not other people...

exactly. Ibanez. Ibanez are really nice guitars. i've liked everyone i've played.

Archived