Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rezzonator

Behringer CMD Studio 4a Problem

Hi. Just got the Behringer CMD Studio 4a and upgraded to the standard version of Deckadance. Love the software..particularly the ability to use it as a vst withim Ableton Live. I am having issues with the left deck on the Behringer controller. The scratch function does not seem to work and it will only let me set 1 hot cue whereas everything seems to be working fine on the right deck. I know it is not a hardware issue as I have tested it with Virtual DJ and it works fine setting hot cues and scratching etc. I am using windows 10 64 bit. Anyone got any ideas?

Hi. Just got the Behringer CMD Studio 4a and upgraded to the standard version of Deckadance. Love the software..particularly the ability to use it as a vst withim Ableton Live. I am having issues with the left deck on the Behringer controller. The scratch function does not seem to work and it will only let me set 1 hot cue whereas everything seems to be working fine on the right deck. I know it is not a hardware issue as I have tested it with Virtual DJ and it works fine setting hot cues and scratching etc. I am using windows 10 64 bit. Anyone got any ideas?

The same thing is happening with mine as well. I really need to know the solution, too.

In my case, the left deck did work on the unregistered edition of 2.43 DVS, so there should be no problem with cmd studio 4a, and therefore it should be the problem with the software of deckadance 2

Just tried it as a vst within Ableton Live and the problem still exists when using Deckadance like that. Its fine in stans alone mode but not as a vst in my DAW.Any ther ideas why this is the case? Thanks

I have the feeling that you are using an old version of DD VST installed in your computer (prior to 2.5). It's very probably that it's installed in the default folder for VST plugins: "C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Image-Line\Deckadance2". You should replace the "scripts_folder" in this installation too.

To use the new DD VST version in Ableton Live do the following: In the Ableton Live preferences, go to the "File Folder" tab. Ensure "Use VST Plug-In Custom Folder" is ON, and click "Browse" to choose the folder where DD is installed ("C:\Program Files(x86)\Stanton\Deckadance2". After that, click "Rescan" to make sure Ableton Live has refreshed the list of installed plugins. You should see now the DD VST plugin in Live's VST plugin devices list.

I have the feeling that you are using an old version of DD VST installed in your computer (prior to 2.5). It's very probably that it's installed in the default folder for VST plugins: "C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Image-Line\Deckadance2". You should replace the "scripts_folder" in this installation too.

To use the new DD VST version in Ableton Live do the following: In the Ableton Live preferences, go to the "File Folder" tab. Ensure "Use VST Plug-In Custom Folder" is ON, and click "Browse" to choose the folder where DD is installed ("C:\Program Files(x86)\Stanton\Deckadance2". After that, click "Rescan" to make sure Ableton Live has refreshed the list of installed plugins. You should see now the DD VST plugin in Live's VST plugin devices list.

Yep that was the problem. All working now. Thanks again

I have fixed the problem (...sorry for the delay). Follow the instructions in this post to update the MIDI script files: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/125798-dj-controller-support/

Hi

I have a problem where the queue buttons dont function on deck 1 behinger cmd studio 4 except 1st cue. 2nd deck is fine. The Que button the 2nd deck on the phones in intermix phase does not not highlight on the deck either when selecting on the console only when selecting Que 1 both will be displayed.

I also have no clue what to do and where to save to extract files to...I only have these folders as attached

why not release another update with the fixes if its beta stage? the manual doesn't come with re programming so i can quite understand how the user is expected to if there are technical glitches from the manufacture.

also what I issue to get the unit to activate through cake. the transition in the company has left me with a poor perception of this business venture between imagline and stanton on the deckadance software.

frustrated to a point I have email everyone who I can , about to throw this console in the bin "donate it" and by something that doesn't expect me to understand programming

I'm working in new installers but meanwhile you only have to update the CMD 4A script MIDI file. It's not difficult, just unzip the attached file in the following folder:

Windows -> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Stanton\Deckadance 2\script_files\Behringer\"

Mac -> "/Library/Application Support/Stanton/Deckadance2/script_files/Behringer/"

I'm working in new installers but meanwhile you only have to update the CMD 4A script MIDI file. It's not difficult, just unzip the attached file in the following folder:

Windows -> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Stanton\Deckadance 2\script_files\Behringer\"

Mac -> "/Library/Application Support/Stanton/Deckadance2/script_files/Behringer/"

thank you, you quite right it wasn't too hard to un zip it just needed to follow instructions. thank you, just to let u know the que phones button on the right selects and de deselects but the button stays highlighted. The loop seems a bit slow when selecting , can you see if it could be speed up i possible in the next release?

thank you for the help though , appreciate it. I have to admit this release seems a lot more responsive with no sound drops, very happy on that regard, thank you

Guest JD Smith

Attached script fixes the problem with the headphones led button.

CMD Studio 4A.zip

So I was experiencing that same headphone cue issue and followed the instructions. Now the led buttons light up correctly but I still have no sound in my headphones.The only difference I can think of is that I'm running through a behringer umc204hd interface and driver, perhaps there is a specific midi configuration I haven't tried. Also, my cross fader is backwards. I realize I can reverse it in setting but just thought I would mention. Can you help?

So I was experiencing that same headphone cue issue and followed the instructions. Now the led buttons light up correctly but I still have no sound in my headphones.The only difference I can think of is that I'm running through a behringer umc204hd interface and driver, perhaps there is a specific midi configuration I haven't tried. Also, my cross fader is backwards. I realize I can reverse it in setting but just thought I would mention. Can you help?

Go to "Audio setup->Output routing" and select "Internal Mixing" in the drop down list. Then make sure that "Monitor L/R" and "Master L/R" outputs are configured correctly with your soundcard. Furthermore: in top right window, near the master output vumeter, verify that "Cue Vol" and "Cue Mix" knobs are in the correct position (right click over them to reset).

Guest JD Smith

Go to "Audio setup->Output routing" and select "Internal Mixing" in the drop down list. Then make sure that "Monitor L/R" and "Master L/R" outputs are configured correctly with your soundcard. Furthermore: in top right window, near the master output vumeter, verify that "Cue Vol" and "Cue Mix" knobs are in the correct position (right click over them to reset).

Guest JD Smith

OK, I couldn't get it to route properly so now I have taken my interface out of the equation and running directly out of the cmd. I'm getting terrible distorted sound to my main mix and the PLF mix in my phones is fine. Ive adjusted the buffer settings but I'm getting no where but worse.

Guest DJ Willie

WOOOW....How did you managed to use the CMD 4a with Virtual Dj. I have been trying for months the best i have come to is to make it play through it but the scratch pad and other functions seem not to be working. can you help?