Gibson Brands Forums

The new 100th anniversary Epiphones

Kenan

I must say I'm kinda dissapointed they didn't include (since it's a high end + anniversary model) Gibsons pups, instead, they put ProBuckers.

I mean, I LOVE Probuckers on my Standard Plus Top Pro but, to me, it seems this latest model is pretty much about looks while, on the sound department, they didn't really bother making that extra step? Or is it the pride, being Epiphone anniversary model, they thought it would be innapopriate to use Gibson pups?

I wouldn't really buy this guitar as it would probably sound the same as my Plus Top Pro does (but with extra eye candy and golded hardware) which doesn't really price-wise, cut it for me.

I must say I'm kinda dissapointed they didn't include (since it's a high end + anniversary model) Gibsons pups, instead, they put ProBuckers.

I mean, I LOVE Probuckers on my Standard Plus Top Pro but, to me, it seems this latest model is pretty much about looks while, on the sound department, they didn't really bother making that extra step? Or is it the pride, being Epiphone anniversary model, they thought it would be innapopriate to use Gibson pups?

I wouldn't really buy this guitar as it would probably sound the same as my Plus Top Pro does (but with extra eye candy and golded hardware) which doesn't really price-wise, cut it for me.

I agree. you would think with the price tag and the fact that Epi uses Gibson pickups in so many models now that they would have dropped some Burstbuckers or '57 Classics in it.

yea sign me up too

the pro-buckers are decent pickups don't get me wrong, but IMHO they just can't hold up in comparison against a pair of USA Made Gibson pups.

my Sheraton pro II sounds really good, and I do like the coil splits,, but, I think the minute I have a bucks to spare, a set of classic 57s/57+ are going in that guitar as I don't plan on selling this one, the over all feel, neck and action are very much to my liking.

Archived