Gibson Brands Forums

Toggle switch 15 db boost on 2015, not on 2016?

claudelessard

I love the toggle switch on the 2014 and 2015 classic models. I don't find it on 2016 model but i know you cant set up dip switch to make a different configuration. Would it be possible to have the 15 db boost on or off on 2016 model? I know Classic models is not available on 2016 models but would it be possible to have that on a 2016 model ?

Have you looked at the 2016 Traditional Pro III models or the previous 2013/14 Trad Pro II models (they are special builds sold at Guitar Center & Musicians Friend only). These have an adjustable (up to 10 dB) boost circuit activated by a push-push pot in the neck pickup tone control position as well as push-push true coil split for both the neck and bridge pickups at their respective volume positions. So, instead of the toggle switch, you get the typical four knob configuration. The 13/14 models mostly have mild flame tops and the 2016's are plain tops. I have seen many 2013/14 models left over (new stock) in several GC stores. You'd have to call stores to see what they have hanging out at this point, or consider a 16.

Archived