Gibson Brands Forums

UPS

ksdaddy

Got a guitar coming. It hit the local terminal at 8 this morning. UPS does not deliver today. It will sit in their warehouse until January 4th.

I can't type the expletives that are boiling inside me right now.

Bummer. I have an order that's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow via UPS so looks like we'll be in the same boat.

Got a guitar coming. It hit the local terminal at 8 this morning. UPS does not deliver today. It will sit in their warehouse until January 4th.

That sucks! Nothing like waiting.........

How far away is the terminal? Maybe you could pick it up? I've done that before myself, although I live in Canada, maybe you cant do that in the US?

I chatted online with a rep and they said the only service they have today as to delivery or pickup is the air stuff. The terminal is about 12 miles from my house.

Oh well. I've got plenty going on without getting to know a new guitar too.

2py94dv.jpg

I'm waiting for heart worm and frontline for our dog. It was supposedly shipped the beginning of December, and the wife tracked the order, we will get it at the end of January. Great Scott, it's not coming from Hong Kong or China, just a few states away!

Yeah, I hear you - the day after Christmas (last Saturday) our draft inducer ground to a halt, rendering our gas furnace useless. We've been in a stretch of weather not rising above 30 degrees, so I tore the motor apart, cleaned and lubed it as best I could, but the bearings told me this 'fix' would be short-lived. I found a $110 replacement in Pennsylvania on Sunday, so I ordered it UPS 3-Day Select, figuring I'd have it by Wednesday, worst-case Thursday of this week. But when I received the tracking number Monday, it said "Estimated Delivery: Monday, Jan. 4"

I got pretty much the same response as you - I was told UPS doesn't count the drop-off day as a delivery day, and during the week between Christmas and New Year's, the ONLY priority packages being delivered are 1) Overnight Air, and 2) 2nd-Day Air.

Since I didn't want my family and myself to freeze, I found a motor in the closest town for $311. I guess when the first one shows up, I'll list it on eBay - pay return shipping and a 20% restocking fee? No, thank you.

But, that's life - as aggravating and frustrating as it can be, I still much prefer it to death. [rolleyes]

Opposite experience here.

I ordered a Guild flattop Sunday night with UPS two-day shipping (St Louis to the Oregon coast). Paperwork was generated Monday evening, and it arrived Wednesday morning (yesterday) in perfect condition.

If at all reasonably priced, I'll go with two or three day shipping every time, and have had great service.

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. You're dealing with UPS. I do FedEx whenever I can. Have a Happy New Year in spite of not having you new Axe. KSyZlN9.gif

Guest Farnsbarns

I ordered some damascus steel billet on the 27th and expected to see it in a few weeks. It arrived on the 28th by Royal Mail. Well impressed!

Archived