Gibson Brands Forums

Lightweight Article

Digger

Sorry, but AC/DC just doesn't do it for me. When I think Aussie bands I think INXS, BeeGees (yeah, I know) but certainly not acadaca. Maybe it's just me...

That's what's good about music Dennis, there's something there for all of us.

It's a street in Australia. It prolly leads to a boiling pit of venomous snakes or a volcano or a poisonous dart shooting range or something. Just sayin.

rct

You left out Drop Bears, Sharks & Crocs.

It's alright we Aussies don't seem to see those dangers you guys see?

Must be the beer~

In 1979, the girl-friend of a bandmate of mine has been crazy about Bon Scott to a degree that made my pal jealous. My bandmate tended to replace his Tele with a Strat and his VOX AC30 with a Fender Pro Reverb first. His girl-friend made him switch to buying an S-G Standard and a used, red 50W Marshall halfstack, since she liked Angus Young's tones.

Our band split up in 1980, and he parted with his girl-friend in 1981. He switched to playing an Ibanez Roadster which predated the Roadstar series, and in September 1982 he sold his S-G Standard to me. This guitar has been my first Gibson, and I still own her.

True story, but otherwise I don't know anything about him. I never cared that much about Bon Scott.

You left out Drop Bears, Sharks & Crocs.

It's alright we Aussies don't seem to see those dangers you guys see?

Must be the beer~

What's a drop bear?

We only see what Crocodile Dundee showed us. Like, 30 years ago.

rct

No.....please.....not again.....google! Google!

](*,) ](*,)

If you asked me what the Jersey Devil was I'd explain it, briefly, with enough detail so you could get the idea from someone that is from here and grew up around here and understands it and why. Google can't tell me things an Aussie can tell me, such as how long it takes the Drop Bear poison to kill a village, or how deep the Drop Bear spines puncture and burn, that sort of thing.

rct

thats a pretty cool idea.most subdivision street names here are lame.like orange,apple,etc.he deserves at least a street named for him.

If I had to decide between these companies, I would belong to the minority preferring the street named after Orange [rolleyes]

THV_half_stack_clip-a6d78e116faea0fde78d0d5a023de7f4.jpg

Archived