Gibson Brands Forums

I just ordered a Gibson lp standard t 2016 what are your thoughts on this year's model?

Dreggz82

Hello mate, and welcome here. [thumbup]

The 2016 LP Standard T specs are close to the 2012 Standard model. I think the asymmetrical neck profile of the 2016 is the only very difference.

I own a 2012 Standard LP and she's a fine instrument. My only Gibson with an asymmetrical neck profile is my SG Supra. No problems with the handling, however, I have to put on my Shubb C1 capo with the clip-on mechanism to the treble side for best performance. On any other neck it works the same mounted both ways. Anyway, I use a capo very seldom.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: She looks very nice! [love] I love the Trans Amber finish [wub]

Hello mate, and welcome here. [thumbup]

The 2016 LP Standard T specs are close to the 2012 Standard model. I think the asymmetrical neck profile of the 2016 is the only very difference.

I own a 2012 Standard LP and she's a fine instrument. My only Gibson with an asymmetrical neck profile is my SG Supra. No problems with the handling, however, I have to put on my Shubb C1 capo with the clip-on mechanism to the treble side for best performance. On any other neck it works the same mounted both ways. Anyway, I use a capo very seldom.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: She looks very nice! [love] I love the Trans Amber finish [wub]

Awesome! Thanks,and this does help out a lot.I like to use capos as well and find this info very useful. And yes she has a beautiful flame top! Just had to have that flame top for my first ever standard! Cheers! /,,/

Hello and welcome on here...

Wow.. that's a sweet one... Even though I don't own one (yet :)) I too have a thing for amber tops... and man that's a nice one

Happy playing [thumbup]

As for my thoughts on this years models... I love it.. They have given us the choice we were so sadly lacking in 2015 and there really is something for everyone there.... and the T models are what we were asking for.

Actually thinking further about it, I think the next thing they should do is hybrid models.. So a T model but with some of the cool features of the 2016 like the dipswitches and the fast access neck heal... but I guess that could be a trick for 2017? :)

Ooh very nice! Congratulations and welcome!

Haven't formed any thoughts yet, other than they look awesome so far. Might be heading to my local today, and might be so inclined to test drive some Traditionals.

Hello and welcome on here...

Wow.. that's a sweet one... Even though I don't own one (yet :)) I too have a thing for amber tops... and man that's a nice one

Happy playing [thumbup]

As for my thoughts on this years models... I love it.. They have given us the choice we were so sadly lacking in 2015 and there really is something for everyone there.... and the T models are what we were asking for.

Actually thinking further about it, I think the next thing they should do is hybrid models.. So a T model but with some of the cool features of the 2016 like the dipswitches and the fast access neck heal... but I guess that could be a trick for 2017? :)

Thanks brotha and agreed for the 2017 idea,and as for the 2015 model I really had no probs with mine I have a studio and an lpm and both play awesome but different strokes for different folks. Some peeps like and some peeps don't, everyone is entitled to their own opinions bro! Rock on! /,,/

Wow....what a beauty!! You are a lucky man to have that one. [thumbup]

Thanks she is a beaut. I had 3 studio ts picked out to buy for 2016 because I thought the price would be the same as last year (I picked up 3 Gibson lps this past year)but due to the Canadian dollar being so bad the price on them are $1949 cad. To me that's too much for a studio,so decided one big expensive guitar for 2016 is good enough for me. I also save 500 bucks off of what I paid for all 3 Gibsons last year! XD this will be the most I ever spent on a guitar and know its totally worth it! /,,/ rock on! /,,/

Dreggz,

You have taste. First the Midnight Manhattan, and now this flamed Amber STD. [love]

Lol thanx brotha! I totally have a thing for the blues! Also have a 2014 studio pro in Teal blue candy, very nice glitter pearl finish! An I had to have that figured top for my first LP Standard. It also reminds me of the Slash,Joe Perry, ace freely customs./,,/

Archived