Gibson Brands Forums

New Epiphones

djw171

What? No more John Lennon signature? [scared]

Nevertheless, the EL and the EJ are both very cool little guitars. I see they apparently upgraded the EJ's pickup, or at least they're now calling it a Stacked P-100™ humbucking pickup, while the Lennon version was just called a mini humbucker. It looks pretty much the same....

Can't find any other mention of it anywhere on the web but in the original link the pictures are labeled "Epiphone Ltd. Ed. EL-00 PRO Ebony Spruce Gallery".

Note the word "Spruce" - it's a different guitar! Or a typo [biggrin]

Can't find any other mention of it anywhere on the web but in the original link the pictures are labeled "Epiphone Ltd. Ed. EL-00 PRO Ebony Spruce Gallery".

Note the word "Spruce" - it's a different guitar! Or a typo [biggrin]

who knows?!? Epiphone is notorious for errors on their web site.

What? No more John Lennon signature? [scared]

Nevertheless, the EL and the EJ are both very cool little guitars. I see they apparently upgraded the EJ's pickup, or at least they're now calling it a Stacked P-100™ humbucking pickup, while the Lennon version was just called a mini humbucker. It looks pretty much the same....

Apart from the signature the tone and volume buttons look different - and is the new model short scale?

Apart from the signature the tone and volume buttons look different - and is the new model short scale?

Looks like they are finally doing it in the correct scale. I know several of us had asked Epiphone for this in the past, if so this would be nice upgrade and available in Natural very nice also.

Archived