Gibson Brands Forums

2016 SG Special 70's Tribute - Mini HB Question

jaygl

Hey guys, I'm thinking of buying a 2016 SG Special 70's tribute and have a question about the mini hum buckers....well, the pick up rings actually. I'm thinking of getting the black one and want to know if anyone can tell me if these would fit -

https://www.allparts.com/PC-0747-023-Small-Humbucking-Pickup-Rings-Black_p_2457.html

I can't tell from the pics of the SG if both pick up rings are the same size (as it appears the all parts ones are)...is the neck one sunk lower into the body maybe? I've never owned a mini HB equiped guitar....I see the screws to adjust the PUP height, but, how are the PUP's mounted to the guitar body? I don't see any screws to attatch them , unless the 2 visable ones do double duty??? I wanna go black PUP rings, 5 ply black pick guard, black reflector knobs, and black toggle ring and tip. I think it'll look sick. [thumbup]

Hey guys, I'm thinking of buying a 2016 SG Special 70's tribute and have a question about the mini hum buckers....well, the pick up rings actually. I'm thinking of getting the black one and want to know if anyone can tell me if these would fit -

https://www.allparts.com/PC-0747-023-Small-Humbucking-Pickup-Rings-Black_p_2457.html

I can't tell from the pics of the SG if both pick up rings are the same size (as it appears the all parts ones are)...is the neck one sunk lower into the body maybe? I've never owned a mini HB equiped guitar....I see the screws to adjust the PUP height, but, how are the PUP's mounted to the guitar body? I don't see any screws to attatch them , unless the 2 visable ones do double duty??? I wanna go black PUP rings, 5 ply black pick guard, black reflector knobs, and black toggle ring and tip. I think it'll look sick. [thumbup]

Yup those'll work and yup both the same. Correct again...the neck is just sunk deeper into the route.

Mounting screws and height adjustment are one in the same, so you're right again (double duty). The mounting screws will go through the ring and pup ear into a metal plate that is screwed into the bottom of the cavity. You can put a piece of foam in the bottom of the cavity to help keep things level and snug as you set the pup height. I've used a bit of weather stripping foam stcuk to the bottom of minis and p90s in the past.

Hope that helps.

Johnny

Yup those'll work and yup both the same. Correct again...the neck is just sunk deeper into the route.

Mounting screws and height adjustment are one in the same, so you're right again (double duty). The mounting screws will go through the ring and pup ear into a metal plate that is screwed into the bottom of the cavity. You can put a piece of foam in the bottom of the cavity to help keep things level and snug as you set the pup height. I've used a bit of weather stripping foam stcuk to the bottom of minis and p90s in the past.

Hope that helps.

Johnny

Helps a whole bunch...thanks Johnny!!!

Archived