Gibson Brands Forums

Show your 2015 Les Paul's with gforce tuner

Dreggz82

I don't know why but I always felt drawn to the seafood green. Maybe it's the light back or the allure of the deep?

Anyway, I'm forever stuck in Vintage sunburst land.

I have also kept the pick guard off, but since seeing your post I figured I'd try with it on. At least for a few weeks to see if it grows on me?

How are you feeling about only one tone control vs the Boost?

For me I prefer the boost. Are there any mods for the boost switch of this guitar?

I have a 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic as well in Heritage Cherry Sunburst. As for the boost, the level from the factory is set to about half (7.5db). If you want the full15db boost, take off the back plate were the batery is and you will see a very tiny plastic looking knob. you can use a tiny flat head and turn it up or down. I prefer the boost at the factory setting of 7.5db because I mainly use it on clean tones. If it was set more it would start to distort the clean settings on my amp. On the over drive the boost makes more of a differance though a tube amp rather than a solid state. Thats just my opion on the settings.

I don't know why but I always felt drawn to the seafood green. Maybe it's the light back or the allure of the deep?

Anyway, I'm forever stuck in Vintage sunburst land.

I have also kept the pick guard off, but since seeing your post I figured I'd try with it on. At least for a few weeks to see if it grows on me?

How are you feeling about only one tone control vs the Boost?

For me I prefer the boost. Are there any mods for the boost switch of this guitar?

I specifically bought this guitar because of the Seafoam top. I have 7 Les Pauls and I prefer to have different and more unique colors instead of the classic bursts. I was a little apprehensive because of the G-Force Tuner, but I am glad that I have at least one guitar with it installed. For me, the 7.5db boost is enough and I play a lot of rock at high gain.

-F.

And heres my Gibson 2015 Les Paul LPM in heritage cherry. The color is so bright that it's hard to get a good pic! XD IMG_20160116_095702_694_zpsf1eqwedz.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

They had one of these in this amazing color at Guitar Center last year for $700. I very nearly bought it. Fantastic guitar.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I can't figure out how to post pics but I had to share this. I have THREE, yes 3 twenty-fifteen Gibson LesPauls. Why? Because I love them. First Gibbys ever that felt perfect for me. Anyway I posted on gibsunday as any proud Gibson owner would and some lil prick slammed them! They're all ****. Wow lol!!!!

There are several forum sources that feel the same. I will now refer to the 2015 wide neck, robo tuning, brass nut, too expensive, no choice, but high quality MFr's as MY signature models!!

Rant over. No rant really. Sheep...

I posted this as a completily differant topic but with no views so I figured I would post it here because it's kind of a similer topic. BTW I own a 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic in Heritage Cherry Sunburst which I've already posted a pic.in this topic. So here it is, I will be in the market for a 4th les paul very soon. I've already played some 2016 standards with the traditional specs. but I'm wondering about the HP models. I own a 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic with the G-Force and wide neck (I know most people did not like the 2015 line) but I found my 2015 model to be my #1 go to guitar for everything. So I'm leaning toward a HP model. Some of the new additions on the 2015 line had some issues such as the brass Z-Fan which gibson sent me a titanium replacement and it was a quick easy fix. The only issues with my g-force was a tunnig key froze up and would only tune manually and another one had the peg head come loose and would only tune auto. But gibson sent replacements and I was good to go. This time around I just want to get as much info as possible about the HP line from people who own them and can tell me if there are any new issues with the redesigned g-force,neck or Z-Fan. You do not need to sell me on the HP because I do like the added tech but if there are still bugs that need to be worked out then I will wait before I make the purchass. any info will be apricated. Thanks in advance...

• 4 weeks later...

Man, how do I not show off my new baby?

Brand new 2015 Les Paul Traditional (Standard) Japan Limited. I am sorta liking the GForce, but my early comment? It doesnt stay in tune the way my PRSs do. I realize this might be nasty mojo to say around here, and I LOVE this Les Paul! It is simple awesome. But this fact remains true.

EDIT: hmmm, womder why the pic didnt show?

• 1 month later...

Archived