Gibson Brands Forums

farewell

Hogeye

I was talking to a good friend from Gibson and he told me that Jeremy Morton would be leaving at the end of the month. It's a sad thing for sure as Jeremy was a good friend to this forum and always gave great information and help to us.

It was a rare thing to have someone at Gibson/Montana that actually cared about the customer. He will be missed.

In the early days Customer Service was done in Bozeman by a string of grossly incompetent Customer Service Reps. As a joke I asked the last lady rep Gibson hired how many strings on a 12 string guitar and she said she would look it up. Pitiful....

Then things were centralized in Nashville and Customer Service is now done there. Jeremy was totally knowledgeable of Montana products and could go to the source to get questions answered. He walked a fine line between helping folks and upsetting the management in Nashville. If Gibson hires someone to take over his responsibilities I doubt that they will be afforded the opportunity to do the job Jeremy did. Jeremy is a great player as well as a working musician and he understands the wishes and needs of players.

In the past Nashville sent the new Customer Service reps to Montana to train. I'm not sure that is the case anymore. They have a huge responsibility and it must be terribly difficult for them to be knowledgeable on all of the Nashville product as well as the Montana stuff.

I really just wanted to thank Jeremy for all of his wonderful work on behalf of all of us. I hope he is happy in his new life and want him to know he will always have friends in Bozeman.

This being said..I am glad that I love( and only own).....' pre-Gibson "bullshit"'.....!

Hello All,

I greatly appreciate the well wishes.

My time here at Gibson has been a very important part of who I have been for the last 5 years. It has been an honor to represent the Gibson brand and to serve the guitar community. I will be playing Gibson guitars for many years to come. I will continue to be part of the forum to say hi and also chime in where I may have helpful information for fellow Gibson lovers. So by no means is this farewell but just that I will be one of you! Which I have always been.

Jeremy

Thanks, Jeremy. You are a true gentleman. Much larger than the corporate asses that Gibby has become......'.thanks' to the large arm of "the regime"...I DUNNO....Jes Guessin'?

Hello All,

I greatly appreciate the well wishes.

My time here at Gibson has been a very important part of who I have been for the last 5 years. It has been an honor to represent the Gibson brand and to serve the guitar community. I will be playing Gibson guitars for many years to come. I will continue to be part of the forum to say hi and also chime in where I may have helpful information for fellow Gibson lovers. So by no means is this farewell but just that I will be one of you! Which I have always been.

Jeremy

Best wishes Jeremy. Like others, when I needed assistance, you were there. Always appreciated and remembered that. Good people make good organizations. Glad to hear you'll still be around the forum.

Archived