Gibson Brands Forums

anyone see anything like this before??

wyatt earp

Saw this in your other thread.

Let's hope the original owner got a discount for that, could have been sold as B-stock. Yours was a 2000 model, and i remember i saw a 2002 model for around 3500$ where i live. Remember this because i hadn't started playing yet but i started thinking about it. And as a AC-DC fan i considered this one. Ended up with a Epi sg back then.

Anyway bottom line, these Sg's was really expensive back then. And a flaw like that, is just ...............!!!!!!!

But if it plays great and makes you rock, well that's the main thing

Check out how crooked the truss rod cover is..probably would've notice on your own :blink: Snapchat-1262803016754214415_zpsrazdze8i.jpg

It almost seems impossible that it was made that way. We need more pics, cover off, back of headstock, inside control cavity, etc, just out of curiosity.

I've had several Epi's with that problem but not a Gibson. For me, it's irksome, shouldn't happen, or leave the QC at the plant, BUT, in my day, & the BS I work with, SMALL POTATOES with a simple fix. Ya did a great job. A little careful filling of the hole, dot of black finger nail polish and good as new.

I know, I know, it shouldn't happen, but this is the real world now and nothings perfect (even though I WANT IT TO BE)! [biggrin]

Aster

I've had several Epi's with that problem but not a Gibson. For me, it's irksome, shouldn't happen, or leave the QC at the plant, BUT, in my day, & the BS I work with, SMALL POTATOES with a simple fix. Ya did a great job. A little careful filling of the hole, dot of black finger nail polish and good as new.

I know, I know, it shouldn't happen, but this is the real world now and nothings perfect (even though I WANT IT TO BE)! [biggrin]

Aster

Thank you sir! It turns out the factory hole isn't visible at all! I thought it was gonna show for sure. The dowl wasn't nesessary. It is VERY close tho that's for sure. The top hole is slightly off center as well. That's my OCD talking. I'm never satisied [-X

• 5 weeks later...

I had one of those sg juniors they made a couple years ago with glue runs under the finish between the fretboard and neck and one pickguard screw was missing and the hole wasn't even drilled. Doesn't sell b stock they destroy them so I think a lot of them get sold like this.

Archived