Gibson Brands Forums

2013 SG Reissue Bridge

omni43

I was doing a little set up on my 61 reissue tonight and for the first time I was realized that the bridge was not straight on this guitar. I go right to the internet and search it and find nothing. So I start looking at 61 reissue pictures and sure enough all of them have a crooked bridge! Does anyone know why that is the case? Here is a picture from Gibson's website, and if you look you can see that the end closest to the pick guard is higher. Anyone know anything about that?

post-53106-018194000 1452318397_thumb.jpg

I was doing a little set up on my 61 reissue tonight and for the first time I was realized that the bridge was not straight on this guitar. I go right to the internet and search it and find nothing. So I start looking at 61 reissue pictures and sure enough all of them have a crooked bridge! Does anyone know why that is the case? Here is a picture from Gibson's website, and if you look you can see that the end closest to the pick guard is higher. Anyone know anything about that?

post-53106-018194000 1452318397_thumb.jpg

It's to help with intonation, all guitars are made that way with the thickest string being the longest.

It's to help with intonation, all guitars are made that way with the thickest string being the longest.

Based on theory and statistics this might apply. However, this is the stock Fishman piezo bridge of my SG Supra, shown adjusted for correct intonation with real-world strings (the TP-6 finetuning tailpiece is an option):

IMG_1617_zpsowwxb2vz.jpg

Based on theory and statistics this might apply. However, this is the stock Fishman piezo bridge of my SG Supra, shown adjusted for correct intonation with real-world strings (the TP-6 finetuning tailpiece is an option):

IMG_1617_zpsowwxb2vz.jpg

I was speaking in generalizations, yours is kind of an oddball. Don't think I've ever seen the low E shorter than the D.

Most of mine look like this. [tongue]

image.jpg1_zpszwwef2wl.jpg

I was speaking in generalizations, yours is kind of an oddball. Don't think I've ever seen the low E shorter than the D.

Interestingly this appears on some of my Gibsons but not on my Fenders although one is close, my American Deluxe Telecaster Ash. The bridges' patterns of all my other Fenders and my Ibanezes look pretty average, all of them with strings of same make.

Archived