Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wyatt earp

Who else has GAS??

What is the correct way to reply so only what was typed shows up in the reply if they have pictures?

After you delete the images from your reply you just have to ensure you keep the "open-square-bracket-forward-slash-quote-close square-bracket" part which comes at the very end of the post.

Systems protocol requires me to type it out in long-hand but I'm sure you know what I mean...

Pip.

I want your Angus Sig. I ordered one from guitar center for $4300 in November. A week later I get an email from GC saying it's out of stock [cursing]

What model was that, a custom shop Limited edition?

I thought the last one was made in 2013

Mine is from 2009, custom shop had a limited run that year. 200 in vos speck. And 50 Aged and Signed. I got NR 20

Mine is from 2009, custom shop had a limited run that year. 200 in vos speck. And 50 Aged and Signed. I got NR 20

Yeah thats the one! I think GC just forgot to take it off there site. Very disappointing mistake on my part. It also said "not available untill December 20th"

I was under the impression I was pre-orderering. <_<

Got GAS too. Different kind caused by food.so bad it'll knock a buzzard off of a sh1twagon

there's some funny stuff Mr Gib! LOL!

Got GAS too. Different kind caused by food.so bad it'll knock a buzzard off of a sh1twagon

hmm, what say lets not see your collection.

[biggrin]

I got jazzed on 12ers lately. I was on the hunt for a (reasonably priced) New Hartford Guild F512 burst, really the ultimate in 12ers AIUI. Apparently they've all been captured and domesticated. Rare is an understatement. Then I ran into a Corona-built JF30-12 burst, maple archback, and snapped her up as an excellent plan B. Fantastic guitar.

gfj350.jpg

Now up pops an F512 burst out in the cyber world. Priced better than I've seen before, but still pretty exhorbitant. GAS? A major attack.

Y'all have seen my collection enough, but I did want to show you this acquisition I made yesterday. I didn't buy this because of GAS. I was minding my own business, checking out this new store, looking for a Gretsch Penguin while my wife checked out a dress shop. I had no intention of buying anything, didn't want anything... then BAM! It happened before I even knew what hit me.

This is a great little guitar. It's called a Modern Player Fender Jaguar. Production was discontinued, I think, around 2012, because I'm guessing that it wasn't a big seller, but it was the P90s that hooked me. They are Fender's version called MP90s. This is Chinese made, beautiful mahogany body, lovely finish, great thin C-shaped neck (much like my Tele), 24" scale, tune-o-matic bridge/stop tailpiece, toggle switch pickup selector. The only thing I don't like about it is the vintage machine heads. I restrung it yesterday and set it up, and so far the tuning stability is a little funky, but I'll give it a few days. It really sounds great, plays great, it's relatively light, and has very good feel and balance. I bought it used, but it appears to be flawless, and I got it for a very good price. If Fender made a "studio" line, this is what I would expect. I am not a Fender guy, and mostly all I play are semi-hollow bodies, but I do like this guitar.

219712e8-bad8-4ce9-8b99-e2daf6f7a136_zps4xcd4ujh.jpg

No, not any more.. I have four quite different Gibsons and am pretty happy with them.. All I am missing and want to get one day is a nice semi hollow.. A 336 would be my dream....

But until that day comes im content... I did at one point go through a serious GAS period and had like 8 or 9 Gibsons at once a few years ago but HATED having guitars sitting in a case doing nothing... So I slimmed it down to 4 and its stayed that way for years.

IMG_0199_zpse29c33c4.jpg

IMG_0191_zpsed17afe3.jpg

IMG_0163_zps824afc25.jpg

IMG_0156_zps16aa4ebf.jpg

Unless you count my Rabswood Guitars in which case I have I have 10 guitars ;)

DSC_0205_zpsa2imcv9q.jpg

Unless you count my Rabswood Guitars in which case I have I have 10 guitars ;)

DSC_0205_zpsa2imcv9q.jpg

wait a sec

you built 10 guitars?? holy molly!

didn't realize this.. you're a beast Rabs

2nd one from the left, still my fav! that grain and Tele config,, Oh ya!!! [thumbup]

wait a sec

you built 10 guitars?? holy molly!

didn't realize this.. you're a beast Rabs

:)

Well I was talking about my 4 Gibbies and the ones in the picture.. But in thinking about it I have made about 10 actually.. I think 3 of them are just bodies and necks cos they didn't quite work out how I wanted.. But the rest are cool :)

:)

Well I was talking about my 4 Gibbies and the ones in the picture.. But in thinking about it I have made about 10 actually.. I think 3 of them are just bodies and necks cos they didn't quite work out how I wanted.. But the rest are cool :)

your results from what I've seen, are impressive all the same. I couldn't have done anything close.

[thumbup]

How much did you pay for your angus sg?

orange-ppc212c-96244.jpg

Just Ordered a Dual Set of Orange PPC 212's...and since I was already spending $1200, I paid another $100 to have em expressed shipped. (These aren't mine. Will Be here Monday or Tues.)