Gibson Brands Forums

Here's A Job For You!

Digger

I confess to being a bit of a wuss where spiders are concerned.

I was determined that my son should not be 'taught' my irrational fear. One day, a spider invaded his play space. I walked over, carefully picked it up and released it into the garden.

It didnt help me at all. I shudder just remembering that. [sad]

While I am fine with spiders so long as they stay where they are and I stay where I am and I fully understand their purpose in nature, I would have to respectfully decline the job offer. Besides, how would I know if it respected me afterwards? I am a good little Catholic School girl after all! :D

While I am fine with spiders so long as they stay where they are and I stay where I am and I fully understand their purpose in nature, I would have to respectfully decline the job offer. Besides, how would I know if it respected me afterwards? I am a good little Catholic School girl after all! :D

The box of chocolates would be a dead giveaway~

It's just that second photo, about halfway down the page, with the caption; "University of Queensland researcher and PhD student Renan Castro Santana has been bitten twice by tarantulas" and yet this crazy mofo is STILL working with them by choice?!

I'm also a proud-to-admit-it wuss around spiders, but if things worked like below I reckon we could get along....

4270.jpg

Yeah right, I'll apply straight away. Can they also include Red Backs and Funnel-webs just to relieve the tedium?

I deal with Red-Backs regularly here, basically just squash them with my finger! Had one under my pillow when making the bed one morning, big fat female! Then I had a Centipede stroll over my neck in bed one morning. Realised what it was straight away, brushed it off and then put it outside where it belonged. This is the down-side of bringing firewood into the house....small Scorpions too!

Ha, that's life in the bush~

Funnel-Webs.....nah! Not going there unless it's with a Blundstone!

Of course Rudy will buy you a pizza...

Those are some monster fangs on that spider so I don't think I'd want to be zapping them with an electronic probe to get it to go squirt.

I'm not a spider person but I did hold a tarantula once and it was really strange as they have little claws or points on the ends of their feet to help them get traction. It felt like having a small cactus walk up your arm.

The woman at the pet store said to be careful not to let it fall as they go splat!

If spiders stay outside where they belong in nature, I leave them alone but if their inside the house they get smashed. I wake up some times with spider bites. They do get in the house through small cracks somewhere and I hate getting bitten. It seems like spring when I find them in the house and if they get in, there dead.

Archived