Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
P-A

Problem using crossfader in Deckadance 2.42 DVS Edition

Hi !

I'm P-A from France, this my first message here. I tried to find an answer to my problem on the forum but i couldn't so i'm sorry if you already answered the following question.

So here's my problem :

I had the pleasure to find a brand new Behringer CMD Studio 4a under the christmas tree this year which came with the possibility to download the deckadance software, so I did.

Everything works fine, i'm pretty happy about it, except for one thing that makes djing just impossible :(

So, I have two decks A and B with one song loaded on each deck.

When the two songs are playing, if I put the crossfader on the left position, I hear the two songs... And when I put the crossfader on the right position, I don't hear anything...

The complete shutdown of the two songs appears when I'm at about 80-90% of the total length of the crossfader's range (if your consider the left position as 0% and the right as 100%).

If somebody had the same problem and if he found a solution, I'll be very thankful to him for sharing it !

I joined two picture which I think can help for the resolution of this problem ;)

Audio setup.tiff

Global settings.tiff

Thank you and sorry if my english is not that good.

If you look at the Audio Setup menu, section Output Routing, you'll notice that that both Master and Monitor are set to Output 1-2.

Set Monitor to Output 3-4(the headphone output) instead. Then, using the MIX knob on the front panel, you'll be able to dial in what you want to hear in the headphone:

- Completely to the left, you'll get only the decks for which the Phone buttons are activated;

- Completely to the right, you'll get only the main mix (what comes out of your speakers);

- If you want to hear a bit of both (when preparing a track for example), simply put down the middle position.

Thank you for the quick answer, what you said help me understand the proper use of the front panel's mix knob.

But when I said "I don't hear anything" or "I hear both tracks" I meant on the speakers not in the headphones.

And actually I realize that the problem still occurs when I'm not using the CMD. So when i'm just using the computer (I have a macbook pro if that's relevant) with no headphones and when I put the horizontal crossfader in the left position, the computer's speakers let me hear both tracks and none of them when it's on the right position like I explained in my first message ...

Here are the preferences settings that I have when i'm on this configuration :

Audio setup 2.tiff

Global settings 2.tiff

Thank you again for the reply, hope to see another one for this message ;)

I saw the two switches you talked about, but when i click on A for example, the crossfader go slowly to the left position, and to the right one when i click on B, the problem remains ... It's definitely a problem due to the deckandance software, I tried to use traktor and everything works fine, i just have to find a good traktor mapping for the behringer CMD studio 4a

I'm speaking of another buttons. Select the 4 deck view and you will see the four "AB" buttons just on top of the crossfader. Those are the ones that you have to configure.

Guest UITA

YES!! YES!! YES!! And there's the winner. REALLY? I had to go to 4 deck view to correct the same problem. Boy this DJing is complicated ain't it!! It's about the same level of complicated as my 2015 Les Paul with etune!!

Well, probably we have to improve the logic in this area to avoid problems. It's interesting your comment about the complications of modern DJing... I would say that the number of big features in modern digital djing are directly proportional to the complication of the setups (computers, hardware, drivers, software... etc.).

Guest Leeroy

Wow this just helped me, was starting to think I had broken something lol, cheers guys

Sign in to follow this