Gibson Brands Forums

SG Standard 2008

gdx65

HI!! new here....first topic...

Just purchased a Gibson SG Standard 2008 Black. Paid 6500nok that is about 730USD. Purchased via a specialized online public site. She looks in very good conditions, no neck issues, regular usage markings, she plays nice. I still did not open the electrics and the pickups to check they are original...

From the serial she was built March 6th 2008 production number 10

Do you think it was good deal? that was the average price here in Norway +`- 100USD, managed to go down about 56USD.

Thanks! G.

post-74767-017457200 1453225185_thumb.jpg

post-74767-090087900 1453225578_thumb.jpg

post-74767-079738200 1453225600_thumb.jpg

HI!! new here....first topic...

Just purchased a Gibson SG Standard 2008 Black. Paid 6500nok that is about 730USD. Purchased via a specialized online public site. She looks in very good conditions, no neck issues, regular usage markings, she plays nice. I still did not open the electrics and the pickups to check they are original...

From the serial she was built March 6th 2008 production number 10

Do you think it was good deal? that was the average price here in Norway +`- 100USD, managed to go down about 56USD.

Thanks! G.

$730 or 6500 Krona is around £500 in the UK, and judging by what I've seen online (eBay and the like); that's not far from the average price of an SG of that calibre, so I'd say yes that's a good price, given the information.

Congratulations, and welcome to the forums msp_biggrin.gif

One of the most important rules about these forums is "pictures or it didn't happen"; so you need to get some images of this new SG up! The Gibson account has an allowance of 500kb or something small and silly; not enough for even 1 hi-resolution image, so most use a third party platform like PhotoBucket. Give me a shout if you need more information or help.

$730 or 6500 Krona is around £500 in the UK, and judging by what I've seen online (eBay and the like); that's not far from the average price of an SG of that calibre, so I'd say yes that's a good price, given the information.

Congratulations, and welcome to the forums msp_biggrin.gif

One of the most important rules about these forums is "pictures or it didn't happen"; so you need to get some images of this new SG up! The Gibson account has an allowance of 500kb or something small and silly; not enough for even 1 hi-resolution image, so most use a third party platform like PhotoBucket. Give me a shout if you need more information or help.

Thank you Pesh for the comment. I have added some photos....

Archived