Gibson Brands Forums

Planet No 9?

Digger

It's all a conspiracy so these frauds can live off us taxpayers pretending this Earth is not the centre of all things as the Good Book says. It's like the National Weather Service. Completely unnecessary as we have the Weather Channel. (That part was actually said once by a US Senator. I think he was/is Republican. Oh well, taking a handful of snow into Congress proves climate change is not real.)

Interesting topic.

Xenu or Nibiru? 'Our fathers are coming'....anyone remember the 60s sci-fi film 'Doppelganger'? It was good at the time.

It must be very non-reflective (don't know the tech term, low albedo???) for us not to have already seen it IMO....

True - I collaborated with a bassplayer in the early 90s to produce a mostly electronic track he called "Nibiru".

He had a bass riff and the idea to use samples of space flight - countdown, the take-off, reaching orbit.

I ran an 8-track demo studio at the time and I basically took over his track. Composed, arranged, sequenced.

We included my guitar playing and many more samples - moon landing, spacewalk and more sci-fi films including all the good/obvious 2001 ones and a bit of "Dark Star" which was a wonderful movie in its day.

Still one of my better productions though not perfect of course and sounds a bit dated now....I could never put it out on the net or anywhere because of the samples.

hey

wait a second,

David Bowie dies, and a few days later, they discover another new 9th planet...

Coincidence? may be not?

I think he said it wall when he wrote,, "there's a star man, waiting in the sky"....

1453475706[/url]' post='1733208']

hey

wait a second,

David Bowie dies, and a few days later, they discover another new 9th planet...

Coincidence? may be not?

I think he said it wall when he wrote,, "there's a star man, waiting in the sky"....

I think you're onto something. Just wait till Steven Hawkins goes! We may have a new Sun!

sigh~

Here I was think I'd posted a serious and interesting topic.....oh well~

I am completely serious about Pluto still being a real and actual planet.

Also, still interested in discovering what the other 2 discovered since are. We know very little about them. We know they exist, how cool is that? What are they? That has GOT to be interesting.

I think the theoretical is interesting, but what's MORE interesting is the actual, that we have already discovered, and STILL even learning about Pluto.

I think it's high time the AIU admit they were wrong, give Pluto back, and let us get back to real "science" instead of trying to make stuff up to keep up interested while they try and cover their mistake.

I am completely serious about Pluto still being a real and actual planet.

Also, still interested in discovering what the other 2 discovered since are. We know very little about them. We know they exist, how cool is that? What are they? That has GOT to be interesting.

I think the theoretical is interesting, but what's MORE interesting is the actual, that we have already discovered, and STILL even learning about Pluto.

I think it's high time the AIU admit they were wrong, give Pluto back, and let us get back to real "science" instead of trying to make stuff up to keep up interested while they try and cover their mistake.

If a researcher, scientist or university professor has no real genius and no new ideas, they have found that they can maintain their paycheque by shooting down a previous theory or discovery. Occasionally, one of these frauds will get lucky and his fraternity will stand up and cheer, lauding him with honours and recognition. This is particularly true in the soft sciences like psychology.

I vote for Pluto

Well I'm obviously no astronomer, so I just have to take their word for it.

As I understand it, if they are to keep Pluto as a "planet" then there would be also be a host of other "new" planets to name, because there are many other objects larger than Pluto orbiting the sun out in the far reaches of the solar system where Pluto orbits. They now name these objects, including Pluto, "dwarf planets".

Demoting of Pluto has been some kind of arbitrary decision. The validity of the "clearing the neighbourhood" criterion is debatable. If Neptun had cleared its zone, Pluto wouldn't be there. Their orbits do overlap. Additionally, Pluto's orbit is rather eccentric, so its chances to clear this quite extended neighbourhood were further reduced. Given the long Pluto year of nearly 248 Earth years, its chances were minimized by this factor, too.

Well I'm obviously no astronomer, so I just have to take their word for it.

As I understand it, if they are to keep Pluto as a "planet" then there would be also be a host of other "new" planets to name, because there are many other objects larger than Pluto orbiting the sun out in the far reaches of the solar system where Pluto orbits. They now name these objects, including Pluto, "dwarf planets".

No, but you are in Pluto's neighbourhood so that should count for something~

Archived