Gibson Brands Forums

Desert Island Guitar - there can be only one: what's yours?

windhoek

Haha! In the times we live I wouldn't be surprised if there was an Apple store behind the first palm tree...oh, and don't forget the McDonalds too. Other than that it's the usual dersert island kind of thing (sponsored by Tropicana).

And a Walmart, and a Walgreens, and a Starbucks, and a Whole Foods! (The Starbucks would be ok [thumbup] )

But back on point, it would be my Strat.

This is the dreadnaught you're looking for.

but dont hole it Jaxon.

guitar-boat-josh-pyke-970-80.jpg

Ah yes, a mock-up of a Maton solid body (the keyhole in the headstock was the give away, apart from the name on the body of the guitar.)

Forgot to add, I would take the Artist Black Devil D10. Reason being, I got it from a second hand shop so it was very inexpensive (as opposed to cheap,) it's solid body made out of Tasmanian Blackwood (Acacia) and plays pretty good.

When I think of a "Desert Island," I envision something like Tom Hanks was on, in "Castaway!"

I.E. No power, or creature comforts, at all. You guys must be going to an Island at Club Med?! [flapper][biggrin]

So, with what I envision, I would have to say some acoustic guitar (6 or 12-string), in my case.

CB

When I think of a "Desert Island," I envision something like Tom Hanks was on, in "Castaway!"

I.E. No power, or creature comforts, at all. You guys must be going to an Island at Club Med?! [flapper][biggrin]

So, with what I envision, I would have to say some acoustic guitar (6 or 12-string), in my case.

CB

Yes, and look at the state Tom Hank's character came back in. The rugby ball fared even worse. Which one of us would really want our pride and joy to be subjected to those conditions.

Now here's a question:

Would our wives leave us because they thought we were lost for dead or would it be because we bought an expensive guitar????? :-k

CB

I thought of doing a similar thread. My idea was:-

"Your house is burning down, you can only save one guitar. Which one will it be? If you attempt to take 2 you will burn and perish"

I take this thread to be in the same spirit, but less horrific.

I thought of doing a similar thread. My idea was:-

"Your house is burning down, you can only save one guitar. Which one will it be? If you attempt to take 2 you will burn and perish"

Or what you'd do if you were in the house with your wife and your dream guitar and there was a 4-minute warning to Armageddon....

"Your house is burning down, you can only save one guitar. Which one will it be? If you attempt to take 2 you will burn and perish"[/b]

And thank you for not acting on your first thought. I am so sick of the "burning house which guitar?" question.

Or what you'd do if you were in the house with your wife and your dream guitar and there was a 4-minute warning to Armegeddon....

We're going to need a little more information to answer this. Define Armegeddon. :rolleyes:[glare]

Yes, and look at the state Tom Hank's character came back in. The rugby ball fared even worse. Which one of us would really want our pride and joy to be subjected to those conditions.

Now here's a question:

Would our wives leave us because they thought we were lost for dead or would it be because we bought an expensive guitar????? :-k

Well, you notice I didn't say an "expensive" or personally valuable acoustic guitar! [biggrin]

CB

And thank you for not acting on your first thought. I am so sick of the "burning house which guitar?" question.

We're going to need a little more information to answer this. Define Armegeddon. :rolleyes:[glare]

Armageddon in that scenario would be choosing to spend four minutes with the love of your life instead of your wife! :D

Well, participation is not mandatory...

does your house burn down a lot then? ;)

We're going to need a little more information to answer this. Define Armegeddon.

Armageddon only applies to religious people.

Archived