Gibson Brands Forums

What's in your arsenal?

scottpaine_69

Like the LTD...love a black strat with hbs....

Typical gig setup, pedalboard out of sight below -

AmpCabGtrsFeb13_zpsbe43fbd6.jpg

Still got to have a 'Fender' - well Squier - bass even now; sold the Aerodyne Strat on the left, nice looker but very disappointing guitar -

FendersB_zps9f65ee29.jpg

There's more...of course.... [thumbup]

9DD7C27C-82F1-4B11-9AA8-A34CEC606D46_zpsxyxqnszl.jpg

Your house looks so civilized! No holes in the walls, and it doesn't look like you ever changed the oil on your motorbike while working on it in the front room. So, you are a guitar collector, eh? Not a rock star!

Or are you a rock star with a secret lifestyle?

Your house looks so civilized! No holes in the walls, and it doesn't look like you ever changed the oil on your motorbike while working on it in the front room. So, you are a guitar collector, eh? Not a rock star!

Or are you a rock star with a secret lifestyle?

I'm only a rock star in my dreams! The only live action I get is playing guitar with the band at church. It doesn't pay much, but we get a good crowd every Sunday! LOL

Yeah. I haven't taken any recent photos either. But, since I'm snowed in today, maybe I'll find some time to get some new shots. :rolleyes:

My arsenal is pretty small these days.

LegacyVL212004.jpg

IMG_0137_zps1023d0c0.jpg

DSCF1803_zpsde49cd9a.jpg

It might be small, but some great guitars. I have always loved your studio. Just a great looking guitar. And the gold top will always be special for you. Didn't you used to have an SG?

It might be small, but some great guitars. I have always loved your studio. Just a great looking guitar. And the gold top will always be special for you. Didn't you used to have an SG?

Thanks. I did have an SG but sold it last year :-({|=

I'm only a rock star in my dreams! The only live action I get is playing guitar with the band at church. It doesn't pay much, but we get a good crowd every Sunday! LOL

Church is good! A lot of famous black singers got started there.

Then there was Leadbelly. I think his music career started in a cathouse.

44 years of playing. The El Degas acoustic on the right was first - bought by my parents in '72. Boy, time really flies!!

IMG_2617-1.jpg">

That's awesome you still have your first guitar. I have mine as well. It's a Kramer Striker 200st. Bought it new when I was 14.

IMG_0045_zps0dddf726.jpg

My 1st guitar, shown in previous post is a Martin knock-off by El Degas, a really well made guitar! Frets been redone twice but has a spruce top, all solid wood construction. Held up well for it's age! (Never seen another El Degas!)

Kinda like a companion to me through the years of making music...I know. sentimental...msp_rolleyes.gif

I have 33 guitars in total (17 Gibson, 9 Epiphone, 3 Fender and a few others). So here's some highlights of my collection [smile]

2015 Gibson L-5CES Crimson Custom

side_zpsc0ruzv22.jpg

2014 Gibson Dove

IMG_1363_zpsofraip5r.jpg

2010 Gibson ES-5 Switchmaster

ES52_zpsd07a21fc.jpg

2009 Gibson 1957 Les Paul Custom Reissue

Gibson1957LesPaulCustom_zpsd482cb39.jpg

2013 Gibson SG Custom 'Kirk Douglas'

IMG_1115_zps1733f36b.jpg

2011 Gibson J-185

GibsonJ185_zps863e4ba9.jpg