Gibson Brands Forums

This guy needs our prayers.

MissouriPicker

Remember Rod Stewart and "Some Guys Have All The Luck"? Well, sadly there are some guys who don't have any luck.....Here's a post from The AGF and a guy who has the worst luck with guitars. His Martins and Gibsons just seem to start falling-apart. Some sorcerer must have put a curse on him. Pretty sad...........Ahhh, but the memories he left us with. "My new 2003 model Gibson SJ-200 sounded great and looked good, but within 2 weeks, the pick guard pattern began to wear off, then it started coming off, then the top began to sink. The Gibson case it came in was poorly sealed and had bad latches and it was not capable of maintaining any humidity level no matter how often I inserted and refilled the case humidifiers. And yes ALL my guitars are humidifed and maintained to 50% in winter. I was not aware at the time that the case was a major issue. It leaked humidity like a window screen. But it was too late by the time I realized it. My Gibson case was destroying my Gibson guitar. I decided to sell it quick in 2006 at three years old, before the top cracked or collapsed, and the faded pick guard fell of. Yea, it was a good guitar."

The thread--- http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416559

The AGF member Dotneck stated a good point in his reply quoted here: "I wouldn't trust any case to maintain humidity. I run a humidifier in the house instead and keep the whole room humidified."

Practically no guitar case is sealing its content airtight. Humidity will pass easier than any other air component because water molecules are smaller and lighter. Therefore they are travelling faster at any given condition without condensation.

Haha...poor old Guitarlight. Don't be too hard on him.

I believe he may suffer from Guitar Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy.

This is where the owner of expensive guitars wrecks them in order to gain sympathetic attention from others.

priceless!

Archived