Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sicky popp

Support for M-Audio Xponent

From version 2.43 to 2.50 we changed the internal MIDI engine and older controllers implementation is incompatible with the new one. I'm trying to port the old controllers to the new engine (MIDI scripting) but it's a very slow process. MIDI learn works correctly.

Now that I remember the Xponent controller needs a special SYSEX MIDI message to be able to receive and send MIDI data to applications. That's the reason why the MIDI learning is not working. We need to use a MIDI script file in this case.

I have attached a minimum script file that should send the SYSEX MIDI message to set the Xponent in the correct mode of operation and use the play/cue buttons and volume slider. More info about the script files here: http://www.stantondj.com/media-downloads/deckadance-2/web_help/html/deckadance_midiscripting.htm

Xponent.zip

I'm not really sure taking into account that it's a little bit old controller. I will try to find some time to create the MIDI script but I cannot promise anything.

Luis, at one time I had the beginings of a midi script for this controller somewhere on my computer. If I remember correctly, I had gotten almost everything working except for LED feedback. If I can find it would it be of any use to speeding the process of getting a script for this controller up?

I'm not really sure taking into account that it's a little bit old controller. I will try to find some time to create the MIDI script but I cannot promise anything.

Luis, thanks for the file with the sample on how to implement sendSysExMessage as well as the led feedback. This should enable me to take the pre existing script I have and bring it to the next level.

Luis, at one time I had the beginings of a midi script for this controller somewhere on my computer. If I remember correctly, I had gotten almost everything working except for LED feedback. If I can find it would it be of any use to speeding the process of getting a script for this controller up?

Yes and no at the same time. I wrote the original code support for the Xponent, I only have to translate the original code to MIDI script format but this work is always delayed by other tasks.

Luis, thanks for the file with the sample on how to implement sendSysExMessage as well as the led feedback. This should enable me to take the pre existing script I have and bring it to the next level.

Thanks to you for working on the scripts!

Thanks to you for working on the scripts!

No problem. I am expecting to have a working beta for the exponent by the end of today. So far, the main issue is dealing with all of the different midi channels that the thing transmits on. I am having to organize the code based off of midi channels instead of decks. Once I get a decent format for coding all of that set everything else should fall into place.

UPDATE: Got all of the MIDI knobs and sliders programmed correctly. Now to start on the button mapping.

Edited by TheMoroney

No problem. I am expecting to have a working beta for the exponent by the end of today. So far, the main issue is dealing with all of the different midi channels that the thing transmits on. I am having to organize the code based off of midi channels instead of decks. Once I get a decent format for coding all of that set everything else should fall into place.

UPDATE: Got all of the MIDI knobs and sliders programmed correctly. Now to start on the button mapping.

UPDATE 1/26/2017: button mapping is almost complete. after that all that will be left is to implement the MIDI out protocols.

UPDATE 1/26/2017: button mapping is complete.

UPDATE 1/27/2017: Midi Out is completely mapped and coded, going back through code to fix up some of the implementations to make all the buttons work correctly. Beta version of code can be found in this post.

TheMoroneyXponentBeta.zip