Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest dmgpunk

Playback hesitation

Guest dmgpunk

Got back into Deckadance today after taking a break due to surgery. Things will seem to be ticking along okay but then the software will hiccup and I'll have a pause/hesitation in playback for about half a second.

Has anyone else experienced this? I didn't have this issue in December (2.5 months ago) and I can't think of anything that's changed.

I'm using ASIO, and I've tried cranking the sample rate. I've also updated from 2.43 to 2.51 to try to solve this.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using ASIO, and I've tried cranking the sample rate.

Don't you mean the Buffer Size ?

Please provide more details about your computer configuration and the soundcard settings you are using.

Has the computer been updated or modified since the last time your used it ?

Yes, sorry, buffer size was cranked, not sample rate.

I'm using a Behringer CMD Studio4A as my sound output as well as midi controller. I don't have an external sound card, just the built in one on my laptop.

The only significant change I can think of was that I had to reinstall Visual C++ 2010 after I installed Skyrim off Steam.

I'm running Windows 10, but I've used Deckadance on Windows 10 without issue in the past.

If you're looking for more specific information, just let me know what and I'll try to provide it.

Reinstalling VisualStudio or installing Steam shouldn't cause any problem (...I guess). What's your current audio buffer size and samplerate? I have attached a screenshot with my current audio setup for the CMD4A. Here are the latest ASIO drivers for the CMD4A (...just in case): http://www.music-group.com/licencePopup?mediaCode=P0809_MGMEDIA_USB%20Audio/MIDI%20Driver%20V1.7.0&url=//downloads.music-group.com/software/behringer/CMD/CMDStudio_ASIO_Driver_v1.7.0.zip

post-71939-053587600 1455121180_thumb.jpg

I hadn't realised there was a CMD Studio 4A ASIO driver available. I installed that and am using it now. Thanks for the info.

I'll post again in a couple days and let you know if the problem is fixed, but so far so good. ^___^

Update:

Things seem to be running pretty smoothly except for one thing.

Using FX crashes the program. Sometimes so badly I get BSOD with BAD_POOL_CALLER as the only message.

I've tried FX with and without ASIO, with and without the Studio 4A, and it crashes either way. It does seem to BSOD more often with the S4A and ASIO running.

It seems limited to Deck A, the Deck B FX appear to work without issue. I haven't been using Deck C or D.

I'll keep troubleshooting, but if anyone has information or a solution I'd love to know. ^___^

Just tested Deck A and Deck B, could not replicate the issue. It's weird because it happened every time yesterday (with the Flanger I think). I'm confused, but I guess it's a good thing.

Thanks for the response, I'll keep you posted if the issue comes back. ^___^

Sign in to follow this