Gibson Brands Forums

Installing k and k pure mini pickup myself Gibson vintage acoustic

Brian1964

Would love to try and install a k and k mini pure pickup in my 1964 Gibson lg1 myself ... How can I do this the best way?

I want to try myself and not have my luthier do it. Drilling the hole is the biggest concern for me. When I look in

The back of the guitar on the inside I see a wooden casing where the hole would be drilled for the input jack....

Is this normal? Anyone do this to there vintage Gibson? Thanks!!

Would love to try and install a k and k mini pure pickup in my 1964 Gibson lg1 myself ... How can I do this the best way?

I want to try myself and not have my luthier do it. Drilling the hole is the biggest concern for me. When I look in

The back of the guitar on the inside I see a wooden casing where the hole would be drilled for the input jack....

Is this normal? Anyone do this to there vintage Gibson? Thanks!!

I have on vintage and non-vintage. It's really easy to do but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're comfortable with a drill. The end pin is going to have a block which is what I believe you are referring to. I normally go in with a small drill bit (as a pilot), gradually increasing, and then finishing the job by hand with one of these tools.

http://rvrb.io/tapered-reamer-1-8-el2

I have on vintage and non-vintage. It's really easy to do but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're comfortable with a drill. The end pin is going to have a block which is what I believe you are referring to. I normally go in with a small drill bit (as a pilot), gradually increasing, and then finishing the job by hand with one of these tools.

http://rvrb.io/tapered-reamer-1-8-el2

Oh nice! How thick is that block on the inside where the end pin is? I am curious to know how long of a drill bit I would need. I am fairly comfortable with a drill...

Archived