Gibson Brands Forums

Why Is It Different?

D4RK_4DV3NT

Just wondering if anyone might know why...

I bought one of this type of guitar the guy below is selling and the case it came in was black, inside and out...however, the guitar this guy's selling comes with a different looking case, white inside. Are there really different colored cases or is this something fishy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Gibson-Custom-Shop-Zakk-Wylde-SGV-Buzzsaw-LTD_W0QQitemZ260350879222QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item260350879222&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

My 2008 R6 came with a black case, purple interior.

My 2008 R8 came with a black case, black interior.

My 2008 '62 SGRI came with a black case, black interior.

My 2007 LP Custom came with a black case, purple interior.

My 2007 ES-335 came with a black case, grey interior.

I'm sure there's some sort of method to Gibson's madness regarding the interior of their CS cases, but I don't own enough CG guitars to figure it out yet.

Grrrrrr...I know there are different cases for different guitars...

...BUT, with this Gibson ZV Buzzsaw (which they only made 100)...would Gibson actually release different kinds of cases for the particular limited edition guitar?

Oh, and my case is authentic. haha

I posted that one yesterday... if you look at the guy's items, he has 2 of those guitars... (one white bullseye and one orange buzzsaw) ... the thing that got my attention is that someone would have such bad taste to have noot just one, but two of those things... (and he says they are unplayed). Smells funny.

I posted that one yesterday... if you look at the guy's items' date=' he has 2 of those guitars... (one white bullseye and one orange buzzsaw) ... the thing that got my attention is that someone would have such bad taste to have noot just one, but two of those things... (and he says they are unplayed). Smells funny.[/quote']

Well, he may have bought them or "acquired" them with the intent of selling them to make a profit...but I am REALLY curious as to why the black/orange Buzzsaw guitar has a white interior case when the one I got is black!! The fact that only 100 of 'em were made would lead me to believe that all the cases would be the same...but I don't know...and that's what makes me so CURIOUS!!

Well' date=' he may have bought them or "acquired" them with the intent of selling them to make a profit...but I am REALLY curious as to why the black/orange Buzzsaw guitar has a white interior case when the one I got is black!! The fact that only 100 of 'em were made would lead me to believe that all the cases would be the same...but I don't know...and that's what makes me so CURIOUS!![/quote']

My guess is he either mixed the cases/guitars and ended up with them in the wrong case, OR he is full of sh!t...

By the way... the comment about bad taste was a joke, I noticed your avatar before.

Grrrrrr...I know there are different cases for different guitars...

...BUT' date=' with this Gibson ZV Buzzsaw (which they only made 100)...would Gibson actually release different kinds of cases for the particular limited edition guitar?

Oh, and my case is authentic. haha[/quote']

Why don't you email Gibson and ask them?

Archived