Gibson Brands Forums

EXPERIENCES SELLING ON REVERB

godot2520

I hate to see anyone turn loose of a nice instrument under that kind of circumstance. Been in similar and waited through lots more therapy to finally get right- glad not to have given up/sacrificed guitars, although the option stuck in my head constantly. Know it's none of my business, but can't help trying to lend encouragement....

I have been ripped off on ebay. Sold a guitar... it was signed for... and a week later the buyer claimed they never got it. Buyer refunded. Me SOL.

I sell on reverb. Its fantastic. Lower selling fees. Their Direct Checkout is quicker and more seemless than Paypal. Fees are less there as well.

The quality of the audience is much superior too.

Thumbs up reverb.

Heard good things about Reverb. Don't think I'd be hesitant to buy from it. I've bought from the classifieds in this forum. Good experiences. When I sell, I typically use Craigs List. I accept only cash and only meet in a very public place (McDonald's, a library, grocery store). You can't be too safe.

I've only bought on Reverb and everyone has been incredible. I scored a near-mint '64 J-45 for well under book.

I got ripped on eBay over a reel-to-reel player that had been "refurbished'. Except when I brought it to the electronics store to figure out why there was no sound in the right channel, it turned out the machine was missing half its innards. Because I'd brought the machine to be looked at, I invalidated my chance for a full refund. I'd gotten half off when I first complained, but someone walked off with a profit that should never have been theirs.

Archived